The Student Room Group

Why are so many students obsessed with sex when they start uni?

I've actually heard freshers go in with the mentality 'if I'm still a virgin by the end of Fresher's Week' my life is over.' :s-smilie:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think uni life (having been through a rather stale version of it) is actually like it's made out to be on Skins or Fresh Meat?

Scroll to see replies

Riku, you do ask such obvious questions. Why do you think?! Because it's the first time they will be living independently, with easy access to booze and girls
Reply 2
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Riku, you do ask such obvious questions. Why do you think?! Because it's the first time they will be living independently, with easy access to booze and girls

they're the practical reasons, sure. Now why do they feel so compelled to do that? :s-smilie:
Reply 3
The rumours of uni being a sex paradise are obviously going to be believed because everyone wants them to be true.
Validation.

</thread>
Original post by Riku

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think uni life (having been through a rather stale version of it) is actually like it's made out to be on Skins or Fresh Meat?

Mine was like skins actually. And then some.
New place, new system, renewed hope that things are gonna be like those shows. Simple as.
Freshers has literally just ended for me. It was basically like that. There were people having sex on the dance floor in one of the clubs we were at during an organised freshers event. i was like o_O
Original post by moonriver96
Freshers has literally just ended for me. It was basically like that. There were people having sex on the dance floor in one of the clubs we were at during an organised freshers event. i was like o_O

:confused: some people take that mentality too far.
I don't really get it that much either. 'New found freedom', desperation, validation, hormones, arrogance, over excited, peer pressure, I suppose all of these could be reasons, plus more. I never really embraced it, I didn't want to because I don't drink that much and I'm also not particularly obsessed with sex anyway.
Because they were up all night, but unfortunately they didn't get lucky. They've come too far to give up who they are, so they raise the bar and their cups to the staaaaaaars. Usually she's up all night to get some.

In other words, they're desperate, just like the lions are desperate to win the supabowwwwl:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Riku, what do you actually do? Like, with your life?
Reply 11
this is what the media/hollywood etc. do with people's minds.......
because 18 year olds are ****ing stupid

horny and stupid
American films cloud people's minds on what uni is actually like. It isn't in any way like them, but people will believe it until they experience it themselves. Although, I don't think students are any more obsessed with sex than they were before uni. They just see it as a good time to get started. They were always horny and obsessed with sex.
Reply 14
Original post by WeedCanKill
Riku, what do you actually do? Like, with your life?

why do you ask?
Reply 15
Original post by Eveiebaby
Mine was like skins actually. And then some.

can you elaborate on that? :tongue:
Original post by Riku
why do you ask?

I'm just wondering. You appear to be able to start at least three threads a day asking the most obvious and/or asinine questions ever and have so many strange views which you attempt to kind of mass self-communicate on a forum?

I've never ever experienced someone like you Riku. You're either an 11/10 troll or a very very strange being.
Reply 17
Original post by WeedCanKill
I'm just wondering. You appear to be able to start at least three threads a day asking the most obvious and/or asinine questions ever and have so many strange views which you attempt to kind of mass self-communicate on a forum?

I've never ever experienced someone like you Riku. You're either an 11/10 troll or a very very strange being.

I'm a 21 year old currently unemployed virgin with a mental illness, learning disability, social anxiety and I fall somewhere on the autistic spectrum. In short common sense does not come easily to me and I have an over-active imagination/response to stress. We have discussed this ad nauseam. If that makes me a very strange being then wharves

I'm flattered that you think I'm an 11/10 troll, oddly.
In terms of the original question, I really haven't got a clue!

I'm in my second year now, and I still have no intention of losing my virginity yet.
Sex is fun.

Just saying that I'm winning the house chart. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest