The Student Room Group

University accepting resits ....help

I didnt do as well as I wanted to in my first year so Im resitting some of my exams and doing an AS and A2 in one year. Will universities still accept me or does this limit my chances? I originally wanted to do medicine, I am unsure but I either want to still do medicine or do something chemistry related.

For chemistry I got BBD - C overall (resitting the paper I got a D in)
For Biology I got ABB - B overall
I got an E in AS Maths - I want to resit in my gap year
I got a D in Spanish (I have now dropped)
And I am currently studying AS and A2 Business Studies
Reply 1
Frankly, medicine seems out of the question (needs very strong chemistry and maybe bio) but if you could get them up to A/A* you would still stand a chance. However, if those are all AS grades then they would almost certainly give you straight rejections so you're more likely to have to take a gap year and then apply with actual grades. Work experience is also very important for medicine. Apart from Cambridge, I don't think universities care too much about resits. Also, deadline for medicine is Oct 15 in case you weren't aware and your college/sixth form probably has an earlier deadline. Though realistically, you don't have any chance of medicine with those grades. Sorry to be so negative, best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest