The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Anyone applying for 2015 @ Lancaster?

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone :-)

I have offers from Lancaster as well as Leeds, Sheffield and Loughborough, I am not one of those girls that likes to party every night but I do like a night out, and I'm worried that Lancaster won't be good for that?

I understand that I'm going to uni for the degree I really do, but I also want to be surrounded by people that like to party aswell, can someone help?!
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by Ge0gGeek97
Hey,

I'm applying for the Geography/North America BSc, standard offer of AAA
A2 Predictions: A*A*AB

Anyone else for geoggers?

Hey,

I've applied for the Geography Bsc and I have got a conditional offer of AAB, my predictions for A2 are A*AA

:smile:
I got a conditional offer to study English Language and Linguistics at Lancaster on 23rd December, and I sent my application off in late November/early December (well, technically my school sent off the application, so I'm not sure of the exact date, I just know that it was in that time period). I have to get at least two Bs this in my highers/advanced highers to get in, and I seem to be doing well in RMPS and Classical Studies, and I'm hoping to get a B in advanced higher English if I work really hard at it, so I don't think it should be too hard to get in. Lancaster is my second choice, so if I don't get into Aberdeen (which is my first choice), then I'll come over to Lancaster. It would have been my first choice, but I'm actually from Scotland, so that means that if I study in a Scottish university then I can study for free, but if I study in England I have to pay. But Lancaster is still my second choice because it has a really good linguistics course.
Original post by Converse&Roses
I got a conditional offer to study English Language and Linguistics at Lancaster on 23rd December, and I sent my application off in late November/early December (well, technically my school sent off the application, so I'm not sure of the exact date, I just know that it was in that time period). I have to get at least two Bs this in my highers/advanced highers to get in, and I seem to be doing well in RMPS and Classical Studies, and I'm hoping to get a B in advanced higher English if I work really hard at it, so I don't think it should be too hard to get in. Lancaster is my second choice, so if I don't get into Aberdeen (which is my first choice), then I'll come over to Lancaster. It would have been my first choice, but I'm actually from Scotland, so that means that if I study in a Scottish university then I can study for free, but if I study in England I have to pay. But Lancaster is still my second choice because it has a really good linguistics course.

Hey! Linguistics at Lancaster is my first choice :biggrin: SUCH an incredible course, right? I was looking at Abderdeen too, but my friend went to do that and apparently it's exactly the same as the second year of English Lang A-level :/

Super excited about the Lancaster course though, David Crystal does talks there sometimes :biggrin:
Original post by ellieg96
Hey,

I've applied for the Geography Bsc and I have got a conditional offer of AAB, my predictions for A2 are A*AA

:smile:

Congrats! I got an unconditional offer for the year abroad course with A*A*A predictions x
Applied for Bsc business studies :wink:...anybody else here ?
Original post by VentLife
Congrats! I got an unconditional offer for the year abroad course with A*A*A predictions x

Thanks! Well done for getting an unconditional offer! Is Lancaster your first choice? x
Reply 127
I've applied for Computer Science but I'm waiting for a response, anybody else?
Anyone attending an applicant day?
Original post by eggpotato
Anyone attending an applicant day?

When are they? Just in case I get an offer after interview :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WesterosWildling
When are they? Just in case I get an offer after interview :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well for my course (law and criminology - no interview required) they're in Feb/March
Original post by eggpotato
Well for my course (law and criminology - no interview required) they're in Feb/March

Yeah I should have heard by march anyways.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WesterosWildling
Yeah I should have heard by march anyways.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah you should. good luck :smile:
I'm applying for psychology, sent out my application two days ago, and patiently waiting :-)
Original post by Jmce
I've applied for Computer Science but I'm waiting for a response, anybody else?

Applied for Computer Science and received an offer. What was your AS results, if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 135
Original post by JRHewett
Applied for Computer Science and received an offer. What was your AS results, if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah congrats! when did you receive it and what was your offer in terms of grades?

As for AS results, I'm not studying ALevels as I'm a mature student currently studying on an Access to HE course. Also, do you plan on firming Lancaster or are you undecided as of yet?
I applied for chemistry and received my offer back in November! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Willchamp
I've got an unconditional for economics :smile: it seems like they are giving out lots of unconditional offers, anyone else applying for econ?

i received an unconditional for economics @ lancaster too.. I'm thinking of firming it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ellieg96
Thanks! Well done for getting an unconditional offer! Is Lancaster your first choice? x

Noooo, Edinburgh is at the moment. But Durham will be if they make me an offer :smile: x
Original post by Jmce
Ah congrats! when did you receive it and what was your offer in terms of grades?

As for AS results, I'm not studying ALevels as I'm a mature student currently studying on an Access to HE course. Also, do you plan on firming Lancaster or are you undecided as of yet?

Ooh okay! I'm not entirely sure yet.. I haven't visited the university and I plan to put them as my insurance choice. Although I may want to firm them after the 'Applicant Visit Day' ... :rolleyes:

They've given me an offer of AAB (I take 4 subjects with AABB at AS)

I entered the UCAS system with four choices but decided to add in Lancaster about a month later, because their course looked really good.

All the best with your application! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending