The Student Room Group

Operating Department Practice 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aamir8
hello I am afirst year student at SHU and you don't need experience as I didn't have any at all in health environment. Just knowledge of what ODP is. interviews easy, no maths or English test.

Thank you, I'm having a hard time convincing myself to calm down. I've learnt my stuff but my nerves are terrible.
Reply 81
Hi I was just wondering if anyone has had an interview for Teesside yet and know the format of them and what they might ask? X
Reply 82
Hi everyone, I was just wondering that if those who is applied for Cardiff University to study ODP has received anything back yet? any interview invitations or rejections?
Reply 83
Soo my interview at Teesside went dreadfully 😞😞😞😞😞😞
Reply 84
Aw no why? Who interviewed you? Mine went okay I think but thought of loads I could have said. Just a waiting game now x
Reply 85
Aw I can't remember I was upstairs! Thought of loads to say afterwards aswell. Just felt like they didn't like my answers lol x
Reply 86
Mine was downstairs, one of mine was a bit plain faced too sohard to read. We've done all We can now, We'll find out within a fortnight of we didn't get in so no news is good news. X
Reply 87
Yeh true! Least we didn't have tests or group discussion! I've only applied to Teesside! Xx
Hi everyone, I'm playing the waiting game now having submitted my UCAS a couple of weeks ago. I've applied to ARU (both campuses), Bedford and LSBU. I've wanted to be an ODP for the past 5 years, a long time coming - I'm currently doing Access in Life Science and have been working for 2 years in a theatre as a circulator - still working part time. I've also got 4 years A&E experience, working as a HCA in adults and paediatrics and overtime on the kids ward and I also worked as a nanny for premature triplets (lots of medication giving and hospital stays!). I'm getting SO nervous now. I just want an interview!!!
Just got an offer for Surrey wooh!
Anyone got an interview for edge hill on Friday really nervous about this one!!
Got mine for Huddersfield tomorrow. First interview. :/
Original post by parislilley
Got mine for Huddersfield tomorrow. First interview. :/

How have you prepered for it 🙈 I had one in Surrey at the start of the month and have gotten a place, but edge hill is a different type of interview eugh :frown:
On my breaks at work I test myself to make sure I know everything ODP inside out. I suppose that's all we can do. I had to stop myself learning speeches...I don't want to sound too unnatural. Urgh. What did you do?
On my breaks at work I test myself to make sure I know everything ODP inside out. I suppose that's all we can do. I had to stop myself learning speeches...I don't want to sound too unnatural. Urgh. What did you do?

thats all I have done really practiced my maths as well as its a none calculater at edge hill 👎 im worried it won't be enough tho
Original post by Opheliascott
thats all I have done really practiced my maths as well as its a none calculater at edge hill 👎 im worried it won't be enough tho

You're already in relax you got this! I'm going to go watch Netflix and calm down, nothing more we can do :smile: good luck!
You're already in relax you got this! I'm going to go watch Netflix and calm down, nothing more we can do :smile: good luck!

Thanks good luck to you too! Let me know how it goes
Original post by Opheliascott
Just got an offer for Surrey wooh!
Anyone got an interview for edge hill on Friday really nervous about this one!!

Well done!! When was your interview? Mine was 24th November and I haven't heard from them yet :s-smilie:
Original post by 08kofficer
Well done!! When was your interview? Mine was 24th November and I haven't heard from them yet :s-smilie:

Thanks :smile: ooh really, mine was on the 2nd of december, i suppose no news is good news!
I've had an interview at Cambridge and have one at ipswich in February .... x
Reply 99
Just got an offer for University of Huddersfield.
Anyone joining me? :smile: xx

Quick Reply

Latest