The Student Room Group

Operating Department Practice 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by denise96
Just got an offer for University of Huddersfield.
Anyone joining me? :smile: xx

I got a conditional offer on monday, I've accepted just waiting for a reply :biggrin: xx
Has anyone heard from Teesside?! Xxx
Original post by Rach1284
Hi, I am hoping to apply to Northumbria Uni for the 2015 ODP course. I am a mature student (30 eeek) and I am currently doing my Access course (Science route). I have researched this course and have set my heart on it but I am worried that I don't have the work experience as I have always worked in an office. I currently work full time and i attend college on an evening so it would be very difficult for me to volunteer. Does anybody have any advise?

Think of the skills you use in the office and tell them how they can be applied to the role of the ODP....communication, organisation etc. I did that with my childcare work I did previously x

I will be there! Currently doing the foundation course there and will be in the 2015 cohort (praying to god I hit my 65% grade!)
Original post by Opheliascott
That's my main question why not nursing?! I just want to be in the operating theatre.. I don't want to be treating drunk patients with a broken nose giving me loads of abuse.. Obviously I can't say that haha! I do want to care for people and look after them but with a little bit less of the social element and more technical side! Don't want to come across as a careless person!🙈

Haha!!! That is exactly what I thought! :biggrin: :yy:
Original post by swal9800
I'm not sure to be honest. I didn't have any specific theatre experience and I have an interview at Huddersfield in December. Have you any Healthcare experience at all?

Hi,

I've got an interview for Huddersfield in February, what sort of questions did they ask in the interview? Do they do any maths/English tests?
Original post by msanonymous_
I've applied for the ODP course at LSBU and West London. Sent my application off in early December and still haven't heard anything..
My friend applied for Diagnostic Radiography at LSBU and she got an invite for an English and Maths test like 3 days after.. Should I be getting worried lol?
Has anyone else applied to these two unis or heard anything from them?

Hi, I applied to LSBU & West London in early December too. LSBU haven't got in contact yet but West London have called me in for Maths & English Test on 9th Feb! SO NERVOUS!!
*Update*
I've now added Huddersfield to my choices.
Has anyone else applied there or heard anything from them?

Hi,

Huddersfield replied back to me yesterday calling me in for an interview on Friday 13th Feb! Let me know if you get a response :smile: Good luck x

I've been invited in for an interview in Feb. Did you have an interview? If yes, what questions do they ask?
Hi guys I have an interview at uni of leicester for april intake I heard the interview process is hard and that there are 6 stations : / absoluteky dreading it
I have an interview for Chelmsford, anyone else?
Hi I have been offered a place for Edge Hill in September. Can't wait to start! Anyone else got a place? X
Hi, not sure if you read my last post, but I got an email from Huddersfield inviting me to come for an interview on the 27th Feb.
Did UWL contact you via email or did they actually call you up? You're the second person I know of who has been invited to UWL for the selection day. I really hope they get back to me lol. How long after you sent off your application did they reply to you?

Hi, UWL contacted me via email & I sent my application off on 17th Dec & got a response from UWL on the 23rd xx
Original post by Princess_L_
Hi I have been offered a place for Edge Hill in September. Can't wait to start! Anyone else got a place? X

Hi, which campus for Edge Hill have you been offered a place? How long did it take for them to respond to you?? Edge Hill is the uni I want to go to but I haven't received a response yet x

Hey when was your interview? X
Has anyone had an interview at suffolk uni yet at all???
What's the best advice you can give when sitting the interveiw???
Also I have to do a talk about weight loss through surgery etc any tips ???
Original post by Opheliascott
Hey when was your interview? X

19th December x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amihanif
Hi, which campus for Edge Hill have you been offered a place? How long did it take for them to respond to you?? Edge Hill is the uni I want to go to but I haven't received a response yet x

Ormskirk campus. I had my interview 19th December and got offer 24th. So only took a few days x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ormskirk campus. I had my interview 19th December and got offer 24th. So only took a few days x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woah well done! I had my interview the same day still waiting to hear back x

Quick Reply

Latest