The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

University of Surrey: 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Anyone on here looking to Politics and Sociology? Or just straight politics or straight sociology, would love to chat to some people who may be on my course!
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Anyone applied for chemical engineering at Surrey?
I am thinking of applying at surrey for sociology and psychology combined..the entry requirements are AAA but my predicted grades are BCC..i really like the university but don't think I have a chance..i don't know my AS grades yet so its different to decide..how lenient are surrey and has anyone does this course? PLEASE REPLY
I did!!
Original post by Prina_R
I am thinking of applying at surrey for sociology and psychology combined..the entry requirements are AAA but my predicted grades are BCC..i really like the university but don't think I have a chance..i don't know my AS grades yet so its different to decide..how lenient are surrey and has anyone does this course? PLEASE REPLY

Hey! I applied to Surrey to study English Literature - the entry requirements were ABB but I was only predicted ABC. They made me an offer for AAB - we'll find out in august if I get in!

I think they gave me an offer because I had a strong personal statement and reference. If you can show them you're good enough they'll make you an offer.

Good luck!
Hi,I am varun from INDIA and i have received my offers from University of Sheffield and Surrey for MSc Information Systems, from University of Nottingham in MSc. Information systems and Operation management and from University of Lancaster and Loughborough for Information technology management. Which of these universities has the best ranking, facility and university life for post graduates. Furthermore, i would like u to help me in deciding on these universities based on various aspects like, teaching quality, reputation and recognition etc... I want an unbiased opinion as this is going to decide my future..

If at al i had to choose between Sheffield, Surrey, Nottingham,Lancaster , Loughborough which of these would be your choice.?
Original post by varun vasudev
Hi,I am varun from INDIA and i have received my offers from University of Sheffield and Surrey for MSc Information Systems, from University of Nottingham in MSc. Information systems and Operation management and from University of Lancaster and Loughborough for Information technology management. Which of these universities has the best ranking, facility and university life for post graduates. Furthermore, i would like u to help me in deciding on these universities based on various aspects like, teaching quality, reputation and recognition etc... I want an unbiased opinion as this is going to decide my future..

If at al i had to choose between Sheffield, Surrey, Nottingham,Lancaster , Loughborough which of these would be your choice.?

SURREY. :wink:

As long as you want it and work for it hard enough, there is not a thing you cannot achieve. Mobile
Haa.. 😂 .. Very straight answer. But can u tell me why..?! But sheffield ranks better than surrey.

And how is the course MSc information systems in surrey..?! I mean can u tell me in terms of teaching and facilities provided..!
Hi to all of you!
I am a German student and I am enrolled for civil engineering at surrey, but I am not sure about my choice anymore. Throughout the last months I figured out that I actually would like to change my course to medical engineering. That might sound weird now, bc the course hasn't even started, so I just wanted to asked if anyone experienced something similar??? Do you know if it is difficult to change your course?
Thank your for any help and advise!
Reply 369
Hello, I applied to In2Surrey Scheme as well. And I got a reply from them said that I am eligible. But what should I do next?? Can anyone help? Is anyone else apply to In2Surrey? Thank u
Original post by Mi02
Hello, I applied to In2Surrey Scheme as well. And I got a reply from them said that I am eligible. But what should I do next?? Can anyone help? Is anyone else apply to In2Surrey? Thank u

Hi - according to the website, your next steps are:

"To apply for the In2Surrey Scheme please check first that you are eligible for the programme (see above criteria), then download and complete the application form before either posting it or emailing it to us using the addressees provided. It is important to fill out every section fully and applications are only valid if a school/college representative has signed the relevant section.

The application deadline is 22nd January 2016."

You can find more information and the application form here: http://www.surrey.ac.uk/schoolsandcolleges/post16/in2surrey/

Hope that helps :smile:
Hi, I applied to study International Business Management at Surrey university and my target grades are D*BB. I haven;t received an offer yet and I've been waiting since November.

Also, I am interested in applying for the In2Surrey scheme but I don't know what to write! Is there any advice you could give me?
Reply 372
Hello,
I would like to ask do I have to do a test/write an essay to get the In2Surrey offer? If I didn't pass the test, would they take back the offer they gave me? Thank you
Original post by shosxmmy
Hi, I applied to study International Business Management at Surrey university and my target grades are D*BB. I haven;t received an offer yet and I've been waiting since November.

Also, I am interested in applying for the In2Surrey scheme but I don't know what to write! Is there any advice you could give me?

I applied and got accepted!

Basically, just write about anything that could possibly prevent you from achieving your absolute best. So, consider things like, do you have a proper study space at home? Do you have to look after younger siblings a lot? Did your parents go to university, do they know much about it and is their lack of experience on the subject making it harder for you?

Those are the things I spoke about.
Reply 374
Hi, I already applied and got the messenge from them said that I might be eligible. It that means I passed the process? What's the next step??

Quick Reply

Latest