The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

University of Surrey: 2015 Applicants

Who's applying for 2015 entry to Surrey? What are you hoping to study and why? Have you done your personal statement yet?

:-)

Connect to University of Surrey here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I'm applying at Surrey University for Accounting and Finance. I am currently studying BTEC Diploma in Business , and Diploma In ICT. I should get 560 UCAS Points Hopefully. I have done my Personal Statement. What are you going to pick. Do you think I could get in to surrey.
(edited 9 years ago)
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
I applied for the MSc Banking and Finance programme 3 days ago. I'm waiting, hopefully, for an offer. :-) Have you guys applied yet? Does anyone know, approximately, how many days it takes for the results to be published?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Hey, i also intend apply to Surrey Uni, I'm studying maths, geography, IT and english. Haven't finished my personal statement yet but I will do it soon. By the way guys, do you know how lenient with grades Surrey University is? I'm just curious since there are less and less students in UK
Reply 4
Original post by hanys9
Hey, i also intend apply to Surrey Uni, I'm studying maths, geography, IT and english. Haven't finished my personal statement yet but I will do it soon. By the way guys, do you know how lenient with grades Surrey University is? I'm just curious since there are less and less students in UK

Well, there are always the minimum requirements to consider, but as on every uni, exceptions could be made in some cases if relevant work experience, excellent references or other academic aspects (such as publications, dissertations etc.) are there on a candidate's background. No one but them will know for sure thus you should apply no matter what. :-)
Original post by mtasiou
Well, there are always the minimum requirements to consider, but as on every uni, exceptions could be made in some cases if relevant work experience, excellent references or other academic aspects (such as publications, dissertations etc.) are there on a candidate's background. No one but them will know for sure thus you should apply no matter what. :-)

I agree!! I'm applying for an English Lit and Creative writing course at Surrey and am not entirely convinced that I'll get the grades. Worth a try though, I guess!
Reply 6
Original post by gingerlucy
I agree!! I'm applying for an English Lit and Creative writing course at Surrey and am not entirely convinced that I'll get the grades. Worth a try though, I guess!

Best of luck! :-)

Best of luck :smile: We're sure you'll do well!
Original post by University of Surrey
Best of luck :smile: We're sure you'll do well!

Thanks, I hope so! :smile:

However, I had a B in my AS exam for English Literature, and my teacher has predicted me a B on my UCAS form. On the Surrey website, it says that I need an A in English Literature to do this course...

Is there any point in applying or will I just get rejected? :frown:
Thanks, I hope so! :smile:

However, I had a B in my AS exam for English Literature, and my teacher has predicted me a B on my UCAS form. On the Surrey website, it says that I need an A in English Literature to do this course...

Is there any point in applying or will I just get rejected? :frown:

It's really difficult to say, we do look at the entire application and not only the grades (although, of course they are important too!). Unfortunately we are unable to guarantee that we can take any student that does not meet the conditions of their offer, however, we try (where possible & where spaces on the course allow) to ensure ‘near-miss’ candidates are able to attend.

It could be worth dropping [email protected] an email if you're concerned, they might be able to offer some more specific advise regarding the course :smile:
If anyone is looking for a few personal statement hints and tips, we've put together this handy article :smile: http://goo.gl/ZRfVj9
Hi guys! Does anyone know when the offers will be given out?
I'm applying to do a Criminology course for 2015! I'm cool with the academic side, but one of the strong pulls for me is the breadth of societies and sports clubs that universities offer! I'm currently a keen runner, but do have plans to expand into triathlons next year. However, it seems that Surrey only has 43 sports (checked via the Surrey Sports Park website), there's no parkour listed either which, again, was something that I was really looking forward to having a butchers at! Is it possible that some aren't listed/they haven't been made official yet?
Original post by horcrux02
Hi guys! Does anyone know when the offers will be given out?

Don't know if you've managed to get an offer yet or not, but in case you haven't, this will vary depending on the course and hence department you are in. I am currently in my first year at Surrey and when I applied last year my offer came through quite quickly, I would say probably within a few days, I'm pretty sure it was under a week but this was almost a whole year ago now so don't quote me (I'm studying biomedical sciences fyi)
Original post by Courtney12
I'm applying to do a Criminology course for 2015! I'm cool with the academic side, but one of the strong pulls for me is the breadth of societies and sports clubs that universities offer! I'm currently a keen runner, but do have plans to expand into triathlons next year. However, it seems that Surrey only has 43 sports (checked via the Surrey Sports Park website), there's no parkour listed either which, again, was something that I was really looking forward to having a butchers at! Is it possible that some aren't listed/they haven't been made official yet?

I think pretty much all clubs should be listed, if there isn't what you want there should be a way of suggesting that a certain club is set up, don't quote me on this or ask how this is done. I have never heard of parkour and I'm pretty sure it wasn't listed on the students union website when I looked through.
Hey everyone,

I just updated the OP with a link to University of Surrey connect page - if you haven't already go connect to see other applicants' grades & offers. Also, if you enter your details it will be really really useful for everyone else making their applications this year.

:woo:
Original post by KiwiMonkey96
I think pretty much all clubs should be listed, if there isn't what you want there should be a way of suggesting that a certain club is set up, don't quote me on this or ask how this is done. I have never heard of parkour and I'm pretty sure it wasn't listed on the students union website when I looked through.

Okay thanks, been in their sports and societies website and there's an option to submit an idea for a new club so that could be a possibility. Btw, parkour is better-known as "free running", you know those guys you see jumping across buildings and doing backflips off walls? :cool:
Reply 17
I've wanted to go to surrey, ever since i went to the open day last year :smile:! i'm applying for biochemistry, and currently i'm doing a levels in biology, chemistry and maths ( i have an AS in physics). I literary sent my personal statement yesterday, and got an email this morning saying they received it (yay). I'm literary so excited and nervous to see if I get any offers
Reply 18
I was wondering whether surrey does interviews for biochemistry....?
Original post by ruqia
I was wondering whether surrey does interviews for biochemistry....?

I didn't have one for biomed when I applied last year, just an offer. I don't know if anyone got an interview but not that I'm aware off. (not that I've spoken to everyone doing a biosciences programme!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending