The Student Room Group

endometriosis

I am really worried that I have endometriosis but am too scared to go to the doctor as I have heard stories from lots of people who have not been believed and made to feel like a bit of an idiot. I have nearly all of the symptoms and am in the age range of people likely to be diagnosed ..has anyone had any experience with getting a diagnosis or being dismissed by the doctors? I know that the longer I leave it the worse it will become
Original post by Anonymous
I am really worried that I have endometriosis but am too scared to go to the doctor as I have heard stories from lots of people who have not been believed and made to feel like a bit of an idiot. I have nearly all of the symptoms and am in the age range of people likely to be diagnosed ..has anyone had any experience with getting a diagnosis or being dismissed by the doctors? I know that the longer I leave it the worse it will become

Dude, I understand this can be difficult, but I assure you (most) doctors go through vigorous training to make you feel at ease during your appointment.

Endometriosis affects a lot of women in the UK so you're not alone. It's a very painful thing to go through, so I think it'd be best to see a doctor as soon as possible...

Just keep in mind this is nothing to be ashamed of, this is not your fault, and you don't have to be shy at all!

Good luck.
I recently got diagnosed with it and was put on the pill, I've only been on it for 3 weeks and it's been amazing I have had no pain whatsoever. I would definitely go to your doctor and tell them that you have really bad period pains and see what they will do for you.

Quick Reply

Latest