The Student Room Group

Random Mum added me on Facebook dunno what to do

She is the mother of a girl who i went to university with. I've never spoken to the girl ever so i don't know how or why the mother added me. She's got 3 kids all grown up at least past 17/18.

I don't know if she's married but i find this weird. Last night i was just browsing on Facebook and stumbled across that girl's facebook and clicked it. Has this happened to anybody here and how did you respond?

Scroll to see replies

Ignore it? :curious:
That's odd, if she never spoke to you. Maybe she was trying to add someone with the same first name and picked you instead?
Reply 3
can't you block her?
Ignore it I guess? Or message her asking why she added you?
Reply 5
Original post by Precious Illusions
Ignore it I guess? Or message her asking why she added you?

I'll ignore it and delete it.
Reply 6
Original post by beckaroo7
That's odd, if she never spoke to you. Maybe she was trying to add someone with the same first name and picked you instead?

I doubt it, she's a white middle class lady and i'm from an ethnic background.
Original post by Anonymous

explain please what ethnic means? heard the word but don't understand it
Reply 8
So, the big deal is...?

I'm sure a white middle class lady can be friends with an ethnic person haha.
On iPhones if you are searching someones name, people with the same names will come up underneath and you can add them as friends without having to click on their profile, so she may have accidentally added you whilst trying to scroll or by clicking on someone elses profile.
On iPhones if you are searching someones name, people with the same names will come up underneath and you can add them as friends without having to click on their profile, so she may have accidentally added you whilst trying to scroll or by clicking on someone elses profile.

I have a weird surname so i doubt that very much.

Maybe she thought the person she was trying to add was also ethnic? What does her being white and you not have to do with anything?
It is possible that she might have accidentally added you without realizing. Sometimes when people come up as your suggested friends or if you're searching through another friend's friend list, your mouse does crazy things. Once I just hovered over a person's name and before I knew it I'd clicked add :/
Reply 14
Sexy
Original post by iammeyouareyou
It is possible that she might have accidentally added you without realizing. Sometimes when people come up as your suggested friends or if you're searching through another friend's friend list, your mouse does crazy things. Once I just hovered over a person's name and before I knew it I'd clicked add :/

Yeah this is the most likely explanation i think.

Original post by nohomo
Sexy

What is sexy?
Maybe she thought the person she was trying to add was also ethnic? What does her being white and you not have to do with anything?

It's just weird. What reason does she have to add me?
Just turn down the request and forget about it. Unless it happens again, don't worry about it.
It's just weird. What reason does she have to add me?

I'm just gonna assume it was an accident while stalking her daughter's facebook friends or she thought you were someone else. Odd though
I'm just gonna assume it was an accident while stalking her daughter's facebook friends or she thought you were someone else. Odd though

I'm not even friends with the girl in question though. **** it who cares??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending