The Student Room Group

Everyone Likes Me

My college life is quite awkward. Everywhere I go, there's sexual tension. Most girls keep looking at me because I am sexy as hell. But then guys keep looking at me too... And these guys aren't even gay, and neither am I, yet for some reason, there's this awkward sexual tension as if they're checking me out like I'm a girl, like wtf? I mean I've considered it might be pure admiration or even envy without hostility but like...? I mean, I'm quite an observant person: when I sit in class I always look around and stuff, but almost every time, I raise my head and see someone is looking at me - boy or girl, someone is looking at me.

Even my friends, who back in the day weren't like this, look at me awkwardly when we talk now. You might be thinking: "maybe you're not attractive, but rather there's something wrong with you that's capturing everyone's eyes. Like, you're probably just supremely ugly." Well, the supremely ugly part...I used to be that back up until year 10 and I didn't get so many looks. It was in year 10, but more in year 11, where my testosterone levels went off the charts and I became quite sexy. Oh and if you're wondering, the girls who first started fascinating over me were the girls in the year below me...this one time they all actually got in a group and called me "hot spice".

I mean, I'm a nerd. I watch Anime (Chinese cartoons), I play like 3 musical instruments, I used to play Chess but no so much anymore, and I basically sit on my computer all day, but simultaneously I'm this sort of sexy beast.

Can someone explain whether all of this has any potential of being a legitimate life of someone, or whether I've got some kind of autism that comes with serious delusions of grandeur? I mean I don't just feel sexy, I also feel like I'm intellectually superior to everyone which is just you know... l.o.l.
Reply 1
'sexy beast'...
Reply 2
Original post by futbol
'sexy beast'...

Some people are into that sort of thing :rolleyes:
Reply 3
Original post by futbol
'sexy beast'...

'Hot spice'... :giggle:
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous

Can someone explain whether all of this has any potential of being a legitimate life of someone, or whether I've got some kind of autism that comes with serious delusions of grandeur? I mean I don't just feel sexy, I also feel like I'm intellectually superior to everyone which is just you know... l.o.l.

Stop right there. Autism doesn't give delusions full stop, let alone of grandeur. That is just offensive and shows how ignorant you are.
Secondly we don't have a picture to judge you on so until we do this id a pointless thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't worry OP, I don't like you.
That great u would like see your photograph.
pics or I call BS.
There is something wrong if everyone likes you. :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by karmacrunch
There is something wrong if everyone likes you. :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Morning. But everyone likes food

Posted from TSR Mobile
Isn't Anime Japanese
Maybe your delusional? ...??
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS
Don't worry OP, I don't like you.

no homo of peace
LMAO you made my day
To all my little lovelies asking me to show a photograph to give this thread some credibility: ....why? I end the thread asking whether what I've described is likely to be real for anyone--I don't see why a photo is needed.
Original post by Axis Rain

What is the point of your post? Are you saying I'm narcissistic? Did Scooby and the gang help you solve that mystery?

Original post by Aph
Stop right there. Autism doesn't give delusions full stop, let alone of grandeur. That is just offensive and shows how ignorant you are.
Secondly we don't have a picture to judge you on so until we do this id a pointless thread

Posted from TSR Mobile

My child, autism comes in multiple forms. It is factual that some autists are diagnosed as "living in their own worlds", which of course can mean a lot of different things such as someone who's always daydreaming but it can also suggest their perception doesn't coincide with "reality", and that is ultimately one way of defining the term: "delusional".

Please, in the future, refrain from referring to your psychological superiors as: "ignorant"--thank you.
Reply 16
Original post by Anonymous

My child, autism comes in multiple forms. It is factual that some autists are diagnosed as "living in their own worlds", which of course can mean a lot of different things such as someone who's always daydreaming but it can also suggest their perception doesn't coincide with "reality", and that is ultimately one way of defining the term: "delusional".

Please, in the future, refrain from referring to your psychological superiors as: "ignorant"--thank you.

:hand: having lived with autism all my life and having been sent to every lecture imaginable on the subject I think I know more then you here. there are 4 main types of which seeing as you have high functionality you can be ruled down to 2 (Asperger's and high functioning autism) both of which do not cause delusions only poor social development and language problems. Furthermore you are repurposing terms for your own use here, "living in their own world" doesn't equal delusional it refers to the narrow interests that autistic people have. If anything I would say you have narcissistic personality disorder.
In future I suggest you learn who you are talking to before assuming superiority. which is one of the many reasons I would suggest you have narcissism!
Good day!!!
Original post by Aph
:hand: having lived with autism all my life and having been sent to every lecture imaginable on the subject I think I know more then you here. there are 4 main types of which seeing as you have high functionality you can be ruled down to 2 (Asperger's and high functioning autism) both of which do not cause delusions only poor social development and language problems. Furthermore you are repurposing terms for your own use here, "living in their own world" doesn't equal delusional it refers to the narrow interests that autistic people have. If anything I would say you have narcissistic personality disorder.
In future I suggest you learn who you are talking to before assuming superiority. which is one of the many reasons I would suggest you have narcissism!
Good day!!!

:rofl:I had no idea you were this feisty though.
Original post by Aph
Good day!!!

Man, if you really wanna get philosophical on the concept of mental disorders, including autism...let's just say don't even get me started m8.

Now firstly, I doubt I'm actually autistic....what I said was (clearly) out of satire--the entire thread is, to be honest.

Then, yes, I "repurposed" that term...but so? Is there any denying it can mean that? It's like if someone was to be called "overweight" simply because they're weight is higher than it should be, would "repurposing" the term "overweight" to tell someone they're probably lazy and unfit be inaccurate? Nope.

"Narcissistic personality disorder"....haha "disorder"...this is why I just personally never talk about "mental disorders" seriously simply because they're absolute bullsh*t. I mean I could explain why I think that, but it's pretty simple, really. Now I'm narcissistic...very clear, I do appear to be "taking pride" in myself. But psychologists start to label it as a "disorder"? lol. And the same thing goes for autism... Psychological disorders is such a subjective concept that I don't even understand why it exists.

And though me calling myself your superior was a joke and out of satire....man i can't even be bothered to explain/justify or whatever it was that I was intending on doing here

Quick Reply

Latest