The Student Room Group

If I got BCD at AS, is it possible to get an offer for ABB?

If I do some AS retakes as well as speak to my teachers about putting my predicted grades up?
Yes definitively last year I recieved an offer from university of liverpool for ABB. However don't retake to many exams alongside your a2's, just those you feel you really NEED to unless you can hack it. Personally, now that I am self teaching, I am astonished at how slow the teachers go, and it has made me realise how little time students at sixth form have as they must go at the teachers pace
Reply 2
Original post by neal95
Yes definitively last year I recieved an offer from university of liverpool for ABB. However don't retake to many exams alongside your a2's, just those you feel you really NEED to unless you can hack it. Personally, now that I am self teaching, I am astonished at how slow the teachers go, and it has made me realise how little time students at sixth form have as they must go at the teachers pace

Okay cheers! Just wondering what did you get at AS?
I am definitely putting a lot more work in outside of sixth form this year
Original post by Mattestro
Okay cheers! Just wondering what did you get at AS?
I am definitely putting a lot more work in outside of sixth form this year

I did terrible because I had the wrong attitude and looking back I was definitely not mature enough- BCDD- I stopped turning up for English language like in March because I knew I was going to drop it! If I could change my attitude I definitely would have worked harder especially as as is worth 50% of your marks!
I got BCEU and I got all five offers from top institutions, ranging from grades AAA-ABB :smile: Just do a good PS and be predicted high
I got BCD and got offers from Kent and East Anglia which usually offer ABB-AAB.
Original post by EllieC130
I got BCD and got offers from Kent and East Anglia which usually offer ABB-AAB.

Are you at Kent now and what subjects are they for?
Original post by Yoshimaidaz
Are you at Kent now and what subjects are they for?

Got kent and I'm doing English and Drama. But I know very few people who actually got their offers tbh.
Got kent and I'm doing English and Drama. But I know very few people who actually got their offers tbh.

So what we're your final A level grades? ?..If you don't mind saying

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lozasaurus99
So what we're your final A level grades? ?..If you don't mind saying

Posted from TSR Mobile

BCC; but if I'm honest, a lot of it came down to flukes on the day, admittedly many of them being my fault, especially the B which was in media. I revised right up until 2 nights before then took one small break to calm my nerves and ended up panicking in the exam.

Ahh okies, a friend of mine goes to Kent too. Doing Economics!
Is Kent fun? Haven't chatted with him for ages!

Can we be like friends so I can visit you AND him at the same time sometime? <3
BCC; but if I'm honest, a lot of it came down to flukes on the day, admittedly many of them being my fault, especially the B which was in media. I revised right up until 2 nights before then took one small break to calm my nerves and ended up panicking in the exam.

That's still good! :smile: but..I don't see why they put on their website entry requirements as AAB/ABB and then they accept way lower to fill spaces in and look prestigious of course

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest