The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

University of Reading for Biochemistry

I am an upper sixth former and I was wondering if anyone could give some insight into University of Reading? What is the accommodation like? Are there any downsides in going to Reading? Any other information that is specific to studying Biochem at Reading?

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by khaleesi_
I am an upper sixth former and I was wondering if anyone could give some insight into University of Reading? What is the accommodation like? Are there any downsides in going to Reading? Any other information that is specific to studying Biochem at Reading?

Thanks! :smile:

Hello! I am a third year student at the University of Reading and can certainly give you an insight into what we have to offer. There is a variety of accommodation that you can choose from and many of these are on campus or just outside campus. There are different types of accommodation whether it be self catered/catered, ensuite room or a room with a basin. In my first year I stayed in Windsor hall on campus which was very conveniently located as everything was on the door step! It was a catered hall and this worked out really well as the food is good. It's also a very sociable hall and 24 people lived in my flat altogether! The flat sizes vary from accommodation but there was never a dull moment. Cleaners (again this depends on which halls you choose) also came in everyday apart from weekends so sharing bathroom facilities was not a problem.
For more info visit the accommodation page- http://www.reading.ac.uk/life/accommodation/life-accommodation.aspx

I've really enjoyed my time at uni so far and don't want to leave. There are so many things to do here, you'll be spoilt for choice in terms of the societies, clubs and activities that are on offer. The green campus is lovely and very big, but at the same time there are lots of things to do in Reading town as well as on campus. Is there anything in particular you would like to know about?

For studying Biochemistry at Reading you can visit the website which will have more info on the course itself as well as the requirements needed. Unfortunately as a humanities student I can't give you a better insight into this subject!

I would really suggest visiting the university for yourself. Our next open day is Saturday 25th October and you can book your place on the website. If you can't make it on this day, the uni runs campus tours every Wednesday so do get in touch.

Hope this has helped,
Pip, third year English Literature and History of Art
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending