The Student Room Group

Did a speed camera get me or not?

So give this a quick read and tell me what you think.

It was about 9:30 at night on Saturday I rushed from one party to another and then went on a drinks run (I wasnt drink driving btw I cant stand people who do that) Went down the road to the local food n booze. went to pull in the road next to it but it was packed with cars so the lights were on green so i jetted it the next road maybe 10-15 metres away? and parked up, when i walked round the corner i saw that there was a speed camera just before the lights and had a red light on it which faded away. There was another car driving away quite fast so it might of been him

im just stressing about it big time 1) cos ive only had my car for 3 DAYS and 2) cos i cant remember how fast I was going at all. like I could of been going 25 or 40 i have no recollection and im freaking out

I'm 17 witha 13yo Peugeot 206 1.9D

Also I cba paying a fine if I have, I work on minimum wadge and really dont need this, I'm not a bad driver, Ive known how to drive a car since I was 13 and I passed 2 months after my 17th first time with one minor fault.
(edited 9 years ago)
How are you affording.to insure a 1.9?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Don't worry

I've traced your IP and reported you anyway just to be on the safe side.
Original post by andreaslyk

It was about 9:30 at night on Saturday I rushed from one party to another and then went on a drinks run (I wasnt drink driving btw I cant stand people who do that) Went down the road to the local food n booze. went to pull in the road next to it but it was packed with cars so the lights were on green so i jetted it the next road maybe 10-15 metres away? and parked up, when i walked round the corner i saw that there was a speed camera just before the lights and had a red light on it which faded away. There was another car driving away quite fast so it might of been him

im just stressing about it big time 1) cos ive only had my car for 3 DAYS and 2) cos i cant remember how fast I was going at all. like I could of been going 25 or 40 i have no recollection and im freaking out

Also I cba paying a fine if I have, I work on minimum wadge and really dont need this, I'm not a bad driver, Ive known how to drive a car since I was 13 and I passed 2 months after my 17th first time with one minor fault.

Where was this (show me on streetview). What direction were you travelling in?
Original post by andreaslyk

This isn't going to be popular...but if you don't know how fast you were going, then you are not a good driver. Assume the worse, hope for the best...but learn from this experience. If it caught you, it caught you. But if it didn't, don't feel like you are completely exonerated. And if you "cba to pay the fine"....well I guess...prison is an option..
Not really sure what you're hoping someone can tell you...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jammy4041
This isn't going to be popular...but if you don't know how fast you were going, then you are not a good driver.

I was going to post exactly this.
Reply 7
No one can tell you.

Unfortunately, as you've only had the car for three days, there's little chance that the DVLA keeper details are correct so if you have been caught it may be many months before you know.
Reply 8
If it was night time, you'd bloody well know it if the flash went off. It's hard to miss the flash on a bright sunny day, let alone night time.
Reply 9
It was night so you must have realized if you got caught or not by the camera because of the flash...
Unless you were drunk and you don't remember? :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending