The Student Room Group

First year of sixth form need some organisational and study tips

So I'm doing biology, chemistry, history and english language, I'm fine and organised for english language and history, but for chemistry its hard to find a good resource that helps me understand it, and they said we have to work a minimum of 5 hours per week on biology like reading and stuff, basically what are your top tips for getting good grades and by good I mean Bs and above.....:smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Chloephilips98
So I'm doing biology, chemistry, history and english language, I'm fine and organised for english language and history, but for chemistry its hard to find a good resource that helps me understand it, and they said we have to work a minimum of 5 hours per week on biology like reading and stuff, basically what are your top tips for getting good grades and by good I mean Bs and above.....:smile:

What board are you on? Chemguide tends to be a pretty clear, useful reference to help you understand elements of the Chemistry course.

Your school will probably say a lot of things in terms of hours and work, but a couple of good efficient hours of revision beats half a dozen useless ones where you stare at a textbook. I'd work on making sure the understanding is in place with Chemistry, and anything like definitions are just free marks so learn them. Flash cards are usually quite good for quick recall tasks, which you can just slip in your bag and take out for 5 minutes during a break.

Knowing what the mark scheme wants is quite important for Chemistry/Biology, as you usually don't need to ramble on, but put down a concise answer which just includes the main points or key words.

Quick Reply