The Student Room Group

Drifting apart from my best friends.

So I've been best friends with two people since school we used to text all the time about everything. Hang out in school and after. We used to meet up in the holidays too.

Then college happened we didn't see each other as much but we used to see each other in the holidays. It's always me that does the texting btw.

Then recently I used to text my friends saying I'm free then and they either said they were busy or not available I gave up. I didn't see them these holidays. I'm not even going to other at texting them at Christmas. It's always me that organises meets up. I turned 21 this year and one of my friends didn't get me a card!

Am I drifting apart? Should I text them saying I've moved on etc? Help?
Reply 1
Bake them a cake and they might like you again? Or buy them box of celebrations.
Surely not? I really need some advice
Leave it. I know it's hard but just leave it alone. Don't text them declaring that your friendship is over, that's a bit OTT. People grow and as a result they change. It's time for you to make new friends. Join a few societies if you're in uni and meet people with similar interests. This is a good time for you to develop new friendships and leave your childhood behind. That's what I did when my friends and I stopped talking to one another anyway. I made new and better ones.
It will be hard too but always like that is the best decision since I've known them nearly 9 years. They've already admitted were drifiting apart. I'm not at uni I'm working.
Are your friends at university? and really far away? That's the point when keeping childhood friendships becomes a lot harder because inevitably they will drift apart from you. It's not that they hate you, they've just forgotten about you seeing as you're no longer such a big, constant presence in their lives as you presumably were before and other people/friends have inevitably filled that role. You could try and organise something big for them to see if they are still interested in becoming your friend but if they don't seem interested in keeping in touch with you move on because after all friends come and go and you will always have the memories.
Original post by Gemma picken
It will be hard too but always like that is the best decision since I've known them nearly 9 years. They've already admitted were drifiting apart. I'm not at uni I'm working.

Gemma you have to let it go. This happens all the time and they've outgrown you it's time you did the same. The world is a big place and you'll make more friends.

For what it's worth you sound like a good friend.
One is in carlile to other has just gone to Chester. It's just hard to let go since I've known them since school

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending