The Student Room Group

Real men wear Pink? What is this bull****?

Saw an add on TV with the motto 'Real men wear pink' ... wtf is this ... I'm a real man, I don't need to wear pink to prove it .... is this Feminists fault??

Scroll to see replies

Sounds stupid
Hey what's wrong with pink? In think it would suit many males:biggrin: (and the advert I would like to see it)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
You can still be a real man whether you wear pink or not.
Yuck! Real men DO NOT wear pink! (Just had a vision of it and it is DISGUSTING)!!! :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Original post by nadzworldz
Hey what's wrong with pink? In think it would suit many males:biggrin: (and the advert I would like yo see it)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pink makes you look like a sunburnt prawn
Reply 6
I wore an outrageous pink shirt today.... I do what I want.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I own no pink articles of clothing. Then again I am a fictional being.
Truth

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Audi
I wore an outrageous pink shirt today.... I do what I want.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No one is stopping you look like you've walked through a candy floss wash machine.
Real men wear beards. :beard:
I don't understand the notion of a real man. I have a penis, and I think I exist. Surely that counts more towards being a real man than what colour clothing I'm wearing...
Reply 12
Original post by dinprobss
Real men wear beards. :beard:

Ginger beards are awesome.
I own a pink pair of jeans and a pink and blue infused smart shirt.
I'm a real man and I do wear pink. Ergo there must be some truth in the statement, some real men do wear pink!
Real men don't give a crap and wear whatever the hell they like.

Original post by Anonymous
Saw an add on TV with the motto 'Real men wear pink' ... wtf is this ... I'm a real man, I don't need to wear pink to prove it .... is this Feminists fault??

I doubt it has anything to do with feminism. Don't try to blame them. Haven't you heard of the "pink stinks" campaign?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I've always interpreted these sort of statements not as a man has to wear pink to be a real man but more a real man is comfortable wearing any colour despite pink being thought of as a girls colour.

Besides, pretty sure that ad is from a breast cancer campaign so not related to feminism anyway.
Reply 17
**** pink, real men wear Spiderman PJs
I guess 'real men don't scrupulously avoid wearing pink' didn't have quite the same ring to it.
It's funny how so many certain organisation/women are free to do the whole "real men do x" but would probably lose it if some guy was all "real women stay at home" or something equally silly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending