The Student Room Group

Good looks and attraction the difference!!!

I will explain the difference mainly with images. Good looks just comes down to have the right proportions in your face...so distance between eyes, philtrum length all that kind of stuff.

Goes into further details on this thread.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2824609&page=15&p=50653795#post50653795

Now attraction is down to dimorphism. So signs of high testosterone for men and signs of high estrogen for women. A great example of this is Kelly Brook and her BF...high T men are more attracted to high E women and vice versa.

Going back to good looks an example of this is Kate Moss who is better looking than Kelly Brook

But ask any man who they would want sex with and 99% of them will say Kelly Brook because she is more attractive due to her high estrogen qualities...which the body has evolved to do due to being beneficial for offspring.

Same with women...this guy is better looking than say High Jackman or Chris Hemsoworth..

But they would want to be shagged by these because they show signs of higher testosterone and will produce stronger children. It is why when women ovulate(most likely to conceive during this period) they find men with high testosterone more attractive.

I look forward to your comments and discussing them.
(edited 9 years ago)
Emma Watson is another good example...everything is in the right place, her face is clearly good looking...yet she doesn't arouse me like the pic of Kelly Brook above does.

Also I guess I will give tips on how to improve attraction like I did with getting better looking in the other thread....or it just becomes a negative thread of hahahaha you missed out on the genetic lottery, when you can improve things and not just accept your lot in life.
(edited 9 years ago)
Saying Kate Moss is better looking than Kelly Brook and Francisco Lachowski is better looking than Hugh Jackman is all objective, other than that, sure. I've studied this in psychology too, Kelly Brook has this alleged "perfect" hip to waist ratio, making her again "perfect" for child bearing. Evolution man, crazy stuff.
Original post by blackened_sky
Saying Kate Moss is better looking than Kelly Brook and Francisco Lachowski is better looking than Hugh Jackman is all objective, other than that, sure. I've studied this in psychology too, Kelly Brook has this alleged "perfect" hip to waist ratio, making her again "perfect" for child bearing. Evolution man, crazy stuff.

They are better looking...They're the top models.

Obviously the examples of the not so good looking people are still ridiculously good looking, but the point still stands.

It does beg the question though at what point does good looks override high attraction qualities...ie big rugged guy with an ugly face vs very good looking guy who is short and skinny. I think a lot then comes down to social conditioning...for example people using the term 'wife material' when saying this they mean Emma Watson type women rather than the more attractive women who are deemed as a more one night stand. That is a more white middle class thing though.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Philip_Philtrum
They are better looking...They're the top models.

You can't say that because everyone has a different opinion. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder blah blah blah.
Kelly Brook has a nicer face than Kate Moss (overrated), in my opinion. Although I do think Francisco Lachowski is one of the best looking men out there.

It does beg the question though at what point does good looks override high attraction qualities...ie big rugged guy with an ugly face vs very good looking guy who is short and skinny. I think a lot then comes down to social conditioning...for example people using the term 'wife material' when saying this they mean Emma Watson type women rather than the more attractive women who are deemed as a more one night stand. That is a more white middle class thing though.

You have to take into account there are lots of different factors that go into it, not just the alleged innate evolutionary 'survival of the fittest' response. Personality, maturity, compatibility, resources, faithfulness etc.

On the "big rugged guy with an ugly face vs very good looking guy who is short and skinny", women are more likely to go for the latter when they're not on their period because they're looking for emotional support, whereas on their period they'd go for the big rugged guy because it's likely he'll have stronger genes. That's one study anyway.
Reply 5
For first dates I take my girl to Starbucks where I stick a giant syringe in her so I can measure her oestrogen. If it doesn't come back with high E I dump her/friendzone her on sight, if it does I close the deal then instantly head to the gym to pound the bench press and squat rack so that I come home with high T to match it. Every 2 weeks we have a morning where I stick the syringe into each other again and if either comes back with too low E/too low T then we have 'the talk'. I love my wife…what's her name again? Oh whatever, personality doesn't matter, hereby she shall be referred to as HOH (High Oestrogen Hoe).
Original post by Riku
For first dates I take my girl to Starbucks where I stick a giant syringe in her so I can measure her oestrogen. If it doesn't come back with high E I dump her/friendzone her on sight, if it does I close the deal then instantly head to the gym to pound the bench press and squat rack so that I come home with high T to match it. Every 2 weeks we have a morning where I stick the syringe into each other again and if either comes back with too low E/too low T then we have 'the talk'. I love my wife…what's her name again? Oh whatever, personality doesn't matter, hereby she shall be referred to as HOH (High Oestrogen Hoe).

No need for the tests, your body has evolved to detect it.
Reply 7
No need for the tests, your body has evolved to detect it.

nvm
Reply 8
Emma Watson has way higher sex appeal than the women in the previous pics. The first woman also has a much prettier looking face imo, though her chest is way too big.
Original post by ilem
Emma Watson has way higher sex appeal than the women in the previous pics. The first woman also has a much prettier looking face imo, though her chest is way too big.

You have low testosterone...you should probably go and see an endocrinologist or something.
Reply 10
You have low testosterone...you should probably go and see an endocrinologist or something.

I'm good with my low testosterone :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest