The Student Room Group

Uni entry requirements

I recently heard that uni entry requirements can be lowered if you are a registered carer for a disabled person etc.
does anyone know if this is true?
Reply 1
Original post by AutumnMolz
I recently heard that uni entry requirements can be lowered if you are a registered carer for a disabled person etc.
does anyone know if this is true?

It's a contextual factor. Much like coming from a poor school etc. it's something that may have affected your studies or a harder time you've had to work through. I suspect it needs collaborating with your referee, and exactly what it does to an offer is entirely dependent on everything in context. It may be worth speaking to one of the departments about it, but they may be vague basically saying it will vary. They might be able to give you a range of how much it varies though.

I'm assuming here we're talking about regularly caring for a direct/close family member/friend. If it's a career choice type thing then it's not going to have an impact on your studies in the same way.

It does qualify you to apply for further scholarships and bursaries in some instances, also.
Reply 2
Ok thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest