The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Address..?

How do you find out what your address will be? All the health forms, and the JCR form ask for it, but I have no idea what mine is. I'm staying in Bulmershe I know that much...but not what room/building and so forth.
Or will we not know until we get there (in which case, how are we supposed to send the JCR form off)?
Glad you brought this up, i was thinking the same thing. I phoned up my Accomodation office (Childs) and the lady on the phone said none have been issused yet and she was sure we would get some sort of idea through the mail by the end of next week.

Dont worry about filling all the medical forms in, you'll have plenty of time at uni when you get there and theres people there to lend a hand if you need assistance (in the book).
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Dunno if this help but on the online enrolment form, under one of the address settings this little address popped up for me.

Its for childs hall but obviously doesnt have the room number on it.

Childs Hall
Upper Redlands Road
Reading
Berks
RG1 5JW
Reply 3
You shouldn't need your room number, all mail is done by pigeon hole type thing, so your room number is irrelavent when giving someone your address.
Reply 4
We were all sent a list of the adress of the halls with the letter which we had to sign and told us to pay the battles (I dont know what its called). If you don't know your adress pm me and i'll be glad to tell you.
We still need it for our TV license application anyway. They wouldn't just accept the Address of the whole Hall.
Reply 6
If your in halls, chances are you wont find out your room number until you arrive and collect your keys. All forms can be filled out during Freshers week including health centre, and TrashBat makes a good point that most of the halls use shared postboxes where your room number is irrelevant.

For a TV license however you will need to put your room number, and its best to fill this form in online once you are at the hall if you can.
Reply 7
Answering my own question here, but I found PDF halls booklets (that I imagine we will get in the following week or so) at http://www.rdg.ac.uk/halls/current.htm

'POSTAL ARRANGEMENTS
Address for correspondence

Student name (no need for room number)
Bulmershe Hall
The University of Reading
Woodlands Avenue
Earley
Reading RG6 IHY'

Thanks for all your answers guys.
Reply 8
I left it as my home address. They know what halls we're in and so they know our address on campus.
Reply 9
Those booklets are horribly out of date by the way.
But they'll give you a rough idea of things.
Reply 10
Yeah they're from last year I think, but I'm assuming the address would be the same.
Just phoned up Childs Hall and asked if they've allocated Room numbers yet. The Lady just went "Yes Tom, your room number is 348" Give it ago, might not of got around to doing all of 'em yet.

Latest

Trending

Trending