The Student Room Group

Law entry requirements - help!

Hey, i've just started A2 at my sixth form and my AS grades were A in English Literature, A in Modern History, C in General Studies, D in French and an E in Biology. I really regret taking biology cause i am completely crap at it, and the crap grade i got in it has forced me to continue with French to A2. I'm going to resit French however and i think if i work harder i could maybe get a B. I've taken up Philosophy AS to replace Biology. But i'm worried about what my predicted French grade will be, if it's a C, then does that mean i can't get into the better law unis. And i was wondering if i get 2 A's and a C in French in A2, would unis give me a chance cause foreign languages are sort of harder and more established subjects, or will they just reject me?
By the way, i don't know which exact uni i want to go to, obviously i can't get into the top ones (Cambridge, UCL etc) but do i have a chance with the others? :confused: Thankyou for your help.
Reply 1
AAC will get you into a lot Unis, regardless of what the C is. Particularly as you have English and History, arguably the two subjects closest to Law. Go for it. :smile: As you said, not the very top ones like Oxbridge or Warwick, but have a fish around on the Unis websites and look at the entry requirements.
Reply 2
Lots of well respected unis ask for less than the AAA/AAB requirement that you are seeing. Kent and Northumbria come to mind, and these two universities ae gaining in reputation for law. Furthermore, Northumbria'slaw course lasts for 4 years but it intergrates the LLB with either the LPC or BVC. So basically you learn how to practice when you learn the law itself.

Latest

Trending

Trending