The Student Room Group

why did he smile so coldly? :(

Well me n my friend were walking to our class and on our way I saw my "crush" coming over from the opposite direction. We never talked to each other before. Anyway, my friend was telling me about a situation she encountered that morning and her story started with a hi. We were passing by that guy and he somehow thought she said hi to him so he looked at us and smiled (no hi) but his smile was like this 1 second forced smile that disappears really quickly. We were giggling whole way through so there's no way we appear as not welcoming.

Is he shy or not interested? :frown: btw he studied in an all boys boarding school and I rarelyyy see him talking to girls.
On a side note, he wears braces so could that be why he rarely smile? I've only seen his natural smile when he is around his guy friends.

I know this is a kinda stupid post but I want him so bad it hurts. I must get over this infatuation :frown:
He's probably just shy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Oh dear lord, how did we girls get here? So many girls I know (including me) are so infatuated and we naturally stress and overthink everything boy related. I hope this changes with age, for all our sakes. Back to your question, we couldn't possibly know why, could we? We don't know this boy, or you and you haven't given many details of what's transpired between you two. Maybe he was just having a bad day? Maybe it doesn't have to do with you? Don't make it a big deal :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Martina_
Oh dear lord, how did we girls get here? So many girls I know (including me) are so infatuated and we naturally stress and overthink everything boy related. I hope this changes with age, for all our sakes. Back to your question, we couldn't possibly know why, could we? We don't know this boy, or you and you haven't given many details of what's transpired between you two. Maybe he was just having a bad day? Maybe it doesn't have to do with you? Don't make it a big deal :smile:

Well yeah I am guilty of analysing every tiny moves of the guy I have a crush on every single time :frown: it sucks I know as it occupies so much of my thoughts and time.
Maybe he was a tad caught off guard, if someone I had never spoken to said hi to me I would probably do the same as I would totally not be expecting it
Reply 5
Original post by MidnightDream
Maybe he was a tad caught off guard, if someone I had never spoken to said hi to me I would probably do the same as I would totally not be expecting it

Well that's quite logical aha never thought of that.
It sounds like he was caught off guard and not sure whether or not he was being addressed with the 'hi' so probably gave a half smile purely out of confusion! If you have a crush on him and he is shy this could be the perfect opportunity to approach him and have a laugh about it and start a conversation :smile:
Reply 7
Sexy

He sounds like Edward from Twilight
Original post by Anonymous
We were giggling whole way through so there's no way we appear as not welcoming.

I don't know about anyone else, but I would probably have a slightly strained smile in that situation, especially if I didn't really know them. It's a 'What? Oh, sure, hi...' sort of smile.
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
Well yeah I am guilty of analysing every tiny moves of the guy I have a crush on every single time :frown: it sucks I know as it occupies so much of my thoughts and time.

Wanna hear something crazy? Same :frown: Don't beat yourself up too much about it, I would say it's quite common :smile:
I despair of the relationship forum sometimes, I really do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest