The Student Room Group

Need help with filling in UCAS form

Im having a bit of trouble in filling out the UCAS form and would appreciate some help:

- What do i put for nationality? i was born in england and have a british passport but my parents were both born in china
- What do i put for national identity?
- Can i leave the dual national identity part empty?
- What do i put in the 'further details' part in the course (im applying for law). i think it's something to do with the lnat and i have booked it, but cant find a code or number
- on my exam certificate for critical thinking ocr, there are no modules - it's just out of 300 but there were 2 seperate exams although we did them one after the other. what should i put for the unit grades part?
- on my exam certificate for ICT ASVCE OCR, there are just 2 modules down but they're each out of 200 so i can work out what UMS i got in the final module but dont know what it's called. how do i find out?
- on the ps part, how do you know if it's over the limit. mine says it's 4 lines over the limit but when i go on preview, it still shows all of it. does this mean it fits?
Reply 1
-Your nationality is British.
-If I remember correctly, further details are only for specific things, which you woudl be aware of if you needed to put in, so you probably don't need to put anything in there.
-Put down the separate exam marks for Critical Thinking.
-Go onto the OCR website for the ICT module name?
-No it doesn't. If it says it's 4 lines over, it means it's 4 lines over! The preview is just to see how it lays out on a page. You need to get rid of 4 lines.
thanks for the reply.
- what about national identity? is that just what i would label myself as?
- how about dual nationality?
- for critical thinking, i dont have seperate exam marks. it just says 249/300. do i just leave the unit grades part empty?
Reply 3
I don't know about the identity part, but if you haven't sat separate exams you can't do anything but leave it empty can you. :smile:
alison_141288
thanks for the reply.
- what about national identity? is that just what i would label myself as?
- how about dual nationality?
- for critical thinking, i dont have seperate exam marks. it just says 249/300. do i just leave the unit grades part empty?

I would have thought national identity was the same as nationality, so I'm not sure about that. I think you're classed as having dual nationality if you have a Chinese passport as well as a British one.
on the 'courses' section, are you meant to fill in what A2s you are currently taking?
Reply 6
Isn't the courses for the courses you want to apply to at unis?

You do need to put your A2s down in the Qualifications section - put the grade as pending.
sorry, i meant the 'education' section. so you are meant to include the a2s you're doing and put the grade as pending
Reply 8
Yes, although you don't call it A2, you call it A level.
Alex Mann
Yes, although you don't call it A2, you call it A level.

:ditto: You have your AS subjects and either grades/pending, then your A-level subjects and pending.
ahh, i see. i didnt realise you had to put in the subjects you're going to take to full a-level

Latest

Trending

Trending