The Student Room Group

MSc Physiotherapy Essex

I am thinking about applying to do a masters in physiotherapy at my local university once I finish my degree. I currently have no work experience so I was wondering if anyone knew the best places to get work experience and how I would go about applying to them. If anyone also has any advice about the course or applying I'd be really grateful if you could share it with me.
Thank you
Original post by cc461
I am thinking about applying to do a masters in physiotherapy at my local university once I finish my degree. I currently have no work experience so I was wondering if anyone knew the best places to get work experience and how I would go about applying to them. If anyone also has any advice about the course or applying I'd be really grateful if you could share it with me.
Thank you

Ive only just seen this, wondering if you have applied for this year or not?
Reply 2
Original post by Physflop
Ive only just seen this, wondering if you have applied for this year or not?

Thanks for your reply. I did start an application but haven't finished it. I am currently really unsure about whether this is the right course/career path for me, and about what I actually want to do, so I think I've got a lot of thinking to do before I finish anything.
Original post by cc461
Thanks for your reply. I did start an application but haven't finished it. I am currently really unsure about whether this is the right course/career path for me, and about what I actually want to do, so I think I've got a lot of thinking to do before I finish anything.

Ah yeah definitely don't apply unless you're 100% positive it's what you want a career in! Essex rejected me last year for not enough work experience and now I have a tonne of it, what's your current degree in?
Reply 4
I'm currently studying for a degree in biomedial sciences, but obviously have no idea what I want to do with it! I'm thinking about taking a year out to get some experience and also hopefully deciding what I actually want to do, as Ialso feel this will make for a better application. Where did you end up gettingexperience from if you don’t mind me asking?
Original post by cc461
I'm currently studying for a degree in biomedial sciences, but obviously have no idea what I want to do with it! I'm thinking about taking a year out to get some experience and also hopefully deciding what I actually want to do, as Ialso feel this will make for a better application. Where did you end up gettingexperience from if you don’t mind me asking?

I did biomed too :smile: I got experience in an NHS hospital, a community physio team and a police rehabilitation centre. I also worked in an nhs hospital full time and now work in a community neuro team
Reply 6
Oh wow, how weird. Have you done the physio course yet? If so did you find it difficult and a big transition or was it easy to adapt? Thanks for the ideas, definitely will look into trying to get experience in some of those areas when I've finished and actually have some spare time!
Original post by cc461
Oh wow, how weird. Have you done the physio course yet? If so did you find it difficult and a big transition or was it easy to adapt? Thanks for the ideas, definitely will look into trying to get experience in some of those areas when I've finished and actually have some spare time!

No not yet but I have an unconditional offer for the BSc and interview for msc
Reply 8
Good luck for the interview and on whichever course you choose
Reply 9
Original post by Physflop
No not yet but I have an unconditional offer for the BSc and interview for msc

Don't suppose your MSc interview is at Essex as I've got one there in april?
Original post by jojogb16

Yeah it is and it's April 15th :smile:
Original post by jojogb16

Also do you mind me asking what your previous degree was and what work exp you have? :smile:
No of course not. I graduated in Sport Rehabilitation last July so have about 1000 hours with sports teams/clinics. I have since acquired voluntary experience at a centre for neurological disorders and have been working in MSK outpatients in the NHS as a physio technician. Still trying to get some more experience though! Ill see you on April 15th... There will probably be loads of us there!
Original post by Fayeeee4
How did the BSc offer come about? Was that through your application for MSc?

The BSc wasn't for Essex as they only do BSc part time, it was for somewhere else
Reply 14
Hi guys. Bit old this thread now but thinking of applying for next year. I have a degree in sports therapy but have seen on the website that essex want evidence of recent academic study. I gained my degree in 2011 and have a ton of experience. Is it worth applying still evem though I havent done an a level or anything?
Hi everyone, sorry for posting 1 year later. Can anyone tell me how the msc Physio at Essex is? Do they prepare you well enough? Any bad points?
your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks heaps
B.
Reply 16
Original post by Elisa-Betta
Hi everyone, sorry for posting 1 year later. Can anyone tell me how the msc Physio at Essex is? Do they prepare you well enough? Any bad points?
your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks heaps
B.

I've heard from a colleague its really good. Mostly campus based in the first year and predomintatly placements in the second. She's a cracking physio as well so i guess thats testament to how well taught the course is tbf. Do you have an offer?
Yes! Very excited! I was just wondering why Essex is not listed in the Univ guide ranking for physio if it is that good...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending