The Student Room Group

paranoia driving me crazy

I have had some bad experiences in relationships and this is affecting my current relationship. Thoughts just keep going round and round in my head and its all I can think about. Mainly the things I think about are things that have happened to me before. Im worried my boyfriend wont love me as much as his ex and that he is secretly in love with his friends. I have been through both of these things in the past but it makes it worse that my boyfriend used to have a thing for 2 of his friends and he admitted he was in love with his ex before when we were dating. He was honest with me about these things and says he loves me now.

My thoughts are driving me crazy as I am always thinking of the negative instead of the positive and trying to find out everything because im convinced there is someone else he has feelings for. I feel like i am in a nightmare i cant escape from these thoughts. I want to see a counsellor but the waiting list is probably too long and a doctor might not refer me if i asked. What do i do :frown:
I think what you have to realise is that your boyfriend has been every honest with you and to me that indicates that he's telling the truth. For example, if he were still in love with his ex or still had a thing for his friends then I doubt he would admit to it or admit that he even used to :P however he has suggesting to me that he is now over them.

But honestly if you are having these negative thoughts due to previous relationships then I think its only fair that you convey these to him. Through doing that he will understand that these feelings aren't completely irrational and so will be more understanding with you.

But I think you also have to realise that there are guys out there who will treat you badly or use you but there are also some gems out there and you don't want to risk loosing a gem just because of some previous incidents :smile: I know its hard but don't let them affect your current relationship.

Hope this helped :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending