The Student Room Group

2nd year DSA Help!

Hi guys. i got DSA last year as I have Thalessemia Major and Kerataoconus.
Last year i got a taxi allowance due to the distance of the university halls from the campus and then basic stuff like ink+book allowance.
That was in January (although my applicance was placed sept 2013).
In June i sent off my last taxi reciepts and was told that I had 5 taxi return trips left that I could claim.
I sent off a new DSA application (even though i thought once you got it you got it for life.)
Oddly I got mixed responses about my new (2nd year) application. When I rang DSA they said oh its an automatic email and you dont need to reapply. Then a month ago I got a random email from DSA team saying they wanted my passport. I scanned it and sent it and got told it was accepted and I'd hear back in 10 days. 3 Weeks went bye and I didn't hear anything so I rang the DSA team again and was told everything was in place.
I still have had no entitlement letter although my DSA team at University has confirmed funding is in place. In terms of books/allowances etc how does this work? As its a new term/uni year are the allowances reset or does it mean I sadly only have 5 trips returning trips again..or do i have to wait till 2015 in jan for the allowance to be reset (yearly)?
Annual allowances should be just that - every year.
Reply 2
so basically now i will only have 4 taxi return trips left for this university term as in the 2013/2014 term I used most of them? So I have wait till jan 2015 to get a new allowance?
All allowances are what you get per academic year, so each academic year they are reset. You will be back to the full amount you had last year to last you the whole of this academic year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Assuming your address hasn't changed you should still get the allocation for the new academic year. It renews from September until end of June/ July depending on your course dates. If you have changed your address you may need to inform your funding body.
Reply 5
I havent changed address no. I'm at the same address, I just hadn't had a entitlement letter or anything so was very confused. But thanks for confirming this. Do you know where i can find the 'official start date' of my course? Just I'm assuming its the first day I returned, but a week before this I had to go in for a 'induction day'.
Is there anything on the university website?

Quick Reply

Latest