The Student Room Group

Do you get waxed "down there"?

I was thinking of trying this because I HATE shaving down there and I hate the razor burn spots, everything. If you do how much does it generally cost you? How often do you need to get it done? Is it annoying when you have to let it grow back a little bit before the next wax? Do you get all the hair waxed off or just some of it and shave the rest?
I go through phases. It costs about £25 to have it all off, or £40 for legs aswell (im Gloucestershire based).
Its so much better than shaving though it hurts a lot when you first do it. The more you have it done, the less it hurts.
You can have as little or as much off as you want (usually reflected in the price).
It takes maybe half an hour?
At the start Id say every 3-4 weeks but it depends on how fast your hair grows.

This is the main reason I go through phases. Im never very good at estimating how long to leave it, then I dont have the money, then im fed up and shave it off and bam im out of the habit. If you can get into a good routine though its great, but obviously you do have to accept it will have to grow longer than when you shave. Also that depending on your skin you might be a bit sore/spotty for a few days afterwards. If im going on holiday I know to have it done a week before to led the redness go down and the spots to come out and go away again before I don a bikini!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I like Bush, not the president :sexface: (c) Arithmiticae <3

Original post by Moura
I was thinking of trying this because I HATE shaving down there and I hate the razor burn spots, everything. If you do how much does it generally cost you? How often do you need to get it done? Is it annoying when you have to let it grow back a little bit before the next wax? Do you get all the hair waxed off or just some of it and shave the rest?

Original post by fredscarecrow
I go through phases. It costs about £25 to have it all off, or £40 for legs aswell (im Gloucestershire based).
Its so much better than shaving though it hurts a lot when you first do it. The more you have it done, the less it hurts.
You can have as little or as much off as you want (usually reflected in the price).
It takes maybe half an hour?
At the start Id say every 3-4 weeks but it depends on how fast your hair grows.

This is the main reason I go through phases. Im never very good at estimating how long to leave it, then I dont have the money, then im fed up and shave it off and bam im out of the habit. If you can get into a good routine though its great, but obviously you do have to accept it will have to grow longer than when you shave. Also that depending on your skin you might be a bit sore/spotty for a few days afterwards. If im going on holiday I know to have it done a week before to led the redness go down and the spots to come out and go away again before I don a bikini!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest