The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm hoping I will be able to get some funding from the school or maybe some big company to go abroad and do some of my CAS in Africa or something :smile: Would be great experience and fantastic for my personal statement.

And I hope I can include gym as my action as I'd rather spend "in school" time for subjects rather than team sports once a week or something (which I SUCK at)(mainly because I have bad hand-eye coordination and end up missing the flying balls and stuff, haha)

And for Creativity I am going to get a student union set up, that way I get hours for that AND we can join the NUS to get student discount :p:
MY FIRST 2 HOURS OF CAS.
cleaning the chemistry lab.
Reply 262
I already got 141 hours this summer :biggrin:
WOOOT. its 9 more hours for youuu
Every year i'm on a sports team so there goes the A in CAS && gym too :tongue:
Hm.. for creative I'm in the orchestra (violin) so I have that covered..
Last but not least S.. I'm Vice Pres. of Oxfam && Human Rights..so there goes S (with some random soup kitchen outings too :P)
Reply 265
Esmeraldaa
Every year i'm on a sports team so there goes the A in CAS && gym too :tongue:
Hm.. for creative I'm in the orchestra (violin) so I have that covered..
Last but not least S.. I'm Vice Pres. of Oxfam && Human Rights..so there goes S (with some random soup kitchen outings too :P)

we're not allowed the gym. I mean we are, but we only get it as CAS hours if we have a personal trainer to prove CAS hours. :frown:
im planning to take a lot of extra curricular activities
just to hope there are activities that im interested XD

just aim to finish those 150 hours in the first year.
jhomie
we're not allowed the gym. I mean we are, but we only get it as CAS hours if we have a personal trainer to prove CAS hours. :frown:

no I meant that the being on a sports team lets me not take gym :smile:
ATPL! google it! :P 900 hours in my pocket ;D
Reply 269
our school is doing projects like collecting recyclables, taking the refund, and giving it to a non-profit whos supports a school in Ghana.
Reply 270
I've got 36 hours of service from working in a charity shop and helping in college open evenings,got 18 in creativity doing Duke of Edinburgh award and 28 hours in action from a D.O.E residential and some from when I used to do badminton ,need to find a new activity for that.

Also ,is it true that you are only allowed a certain amount of hours for each activity ,I googled it and in one school they're only allowed 20 hours for each activity per year and I read in this forum that in someone's school they can only do 25 hours.Is it a definite rule or is it just the individual colleges?
Reply 271
Ami34

Also ,is it true that you are only allowed a certain amount of hours for each activity...?

For graduation 2010 - no it depends on your school. CAS has recently been revised for subsequent years I believe, so I can't comment on that.

Latest

Trending

Trending