The Student Room Group

How does studying...

in a school where English is used as the medium of instruction compared to a school where French is used as the medium of instruction effect your knowledge.

This is given that they teach you exactly the same subjects and each subject has exactly the same content. So the only thing different is the medium of instruction.
If I were taught in French I'd fail every subject :rolleyes:
Reply 2
Original post by BitWindy
If I were taught in French I'd fail every subject :rolleyes:

Yes, but how would it effect your knowledge overall?
Reply 3
Bump
I've been taught the same thing in both Spanish and English and I understand the English better because that's my native language. Although I understand the Spanish perfectly, I always feel more comfortable in English
Reply 5
Original post by womanofsteel
I've been taught the same thing in both Spanish and English and I understand the English better because that's my native language. Although I understand the Spanish perfectly, I always feel more comfortable in English

But if you learn the content in Spanish compared to learning the content in English, is your overall knowledge not different?

Because the content you learnt in spanish, you wont know the english terms for those objects. The content you learnt in enlgish, you wont know the spanish terms for those objects.
Original post by godd
But if you learn the content in Spanish compared to learning the content in English, is your overall knowledge not different?

Because the content you learnt in spanish, you wont know the english terms for those objects. The content you learnt in enlgish, you wont know the spanish terms for those objects.

That's true, unless I specifically look to translate it, I only know the terminology in one subject even though I understand it well enough
Reply 7
Original post by womanofsteel
That's true, unless I specifically look to translate it, I only know the terminology in one subject even though I understand it well enough

shouldn't that be "one language"
Original post by godd
shouldn't that be "one language"

yeah sorry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending