The Student Room Group

Predicted grades for IB Diploma

Hi
I am an overseas student who intends on applying to Cambridge for Computer Science. Their requirement is 40-41 IB points including ToK and EE. My school is going to give me predicteds but only for the six subjects and not ToK or EE. I would meet the requirement with Tok or EE and will probably be predicted a 39 on 42 without it. Is there an option on UCAS which allows the referee to choose that they will give predicteds on 42? Also, is it fine to apply to Cambridge with a 39 without core points? i would get a 776 at HL and meet all other cambridge requirements.

Please help the deadline is too soon.

Thank You
Original post by nihar1997
Hi
I am an overseas student who intends on applying to Cambridge for Computer Science. Their requirement is 40-41 IB points including ToK and EE. My school is going to give me predicteds but only for the six subjects and not ToK or EE. I would meet the requirement with Tok or EE and will probably be predicted a 39 on 42 without it. Is there an option on UCAS which allows the referee to choose that they will give predicteds on 42? Also, is it fine to apply to Cambridge with a 39 without core points? i would get a 776 at HL and meet all other cambridge requirements.

Please help the deadline is too soon.

Thank You

Hi,

I'm not too sure how the process exactly works so I'm just going to talk from my experience :smile: When I applied last year I'm pretty sure my teacher had to enter predicted grades for every component of the IB. This means (if I remember correctly) that your Core point predictions also need to be added to the UCAS applications. I may be wrong but it seems unfair if they don't allow you to enter predictions for core.

Onto your next question. Unless otherwise stated on the university's website, all their offers should include core points. If Cambridge doesn't state that their offers don't include core points, I assume you'd be fine :smile:

Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Alunzar
Hi,

I'm not too sure how the process exactly works so I'm just going to talk from my experience :smile: When I applied last year I'm pretty sure my teacher had to enter predicted grades for every component of the IB. This means (if I remember correctly) that your Core point predictions also need to be added to the UCAS applications. I may be wrong but it seems unfair if they don't allow you to enter predictions for core.

Onto your next question. Unless otherwise stated on the university's website, all their offers should include core points. If Cambridge doesn't state that their offers don't include core points, I assume you'd be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your answer.
I don't have a problem with a conditional offer that includes core points. I am worried about whether it is fair to assume that my grade will be 40-41 points with core, if I have 39 without core. About my teacher having to input all scores she said it is too early to predict for ToK and EE, but if she doesn't have a choice then I don't think it should be a problem.

Thanks Again
Original post by nihar1997
Thanks for your answer.
I don't have a problem with a conditional offer that includes core points. I am worried about whether it is fair to assume that my grade will be 40-41 points with core, if I have 39 without core. About my teacher having to input all scores she said it is too early to predict for ToK and EE, but if she doesn't have a choice then I don't think it should be a problem.

Thanks Again

Oh right, I get what you mean now :smile: In which case I would say definitely! Most people are predicted 1-2 points in core so that should be no problem :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending