The Student Room Group

How many offers do you think you'll get?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NikolaT
Oxford, Bath, Exeter, York, Lancaster.

Hoping for offers from the last 3. Offer from Bath would be brilliant. Oxford in all likelihood ain't gonna happen.

What are you applying for? :smile:
Original post by Coffeetime
No. :frown: I feel like Reading and Basingstoke would be similar, since they are near one another and not too far from London. What made you sure about Reading? I really like some of the modules they offer, and the location is a big bonus. Near London for a day trip, near my family friend.

I liked modules on offer too. The people I met were all very friendly and well organised, and the location is excellent (I wanted somewhere close to bigger towns and London, but in a very green scenic area). The accommodation was 'ok' - there was quite a difference between the best and worst rooms but I suppose it's like that at every university. The buildings looked fine (as long as you don't expect them to be like Cambridge/Oxford).

It's 'fairly' good on the league tables, and entry requirement wise I thought it was a good safer choice for me.

A lot of it (in my opinion) is to do with what you don't like about the university, and there wasn't anything disastrous when I went, so it's definitely going on the list. You tend to remember problems more than the good things.

It isn't my favourite, but it's a solid university so you shouldn't be worried you haven't seen it. If you're from America (unless you're an American living in the UK?) I would bear in mind I think American universities tend to be very different to UK ones. Aren't American universities normally huge and with loads of facilities? (or is that a stereotype I've picked up :tongue: )
I'm applying to 4 different hot blondes.

I reckon I will get offers from one, and it will be unconditional, but it will cost me about £250.
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
You still have some time to decide! :biggrin:

Do you time to visit some universities before you make your decision?

Which one is your first choice? :h:

Yes I do thankfully :grin: !!!!
I do have a little time to look at some more universities over the next few weeks or so
Currently it's UCL but for all I know that could change too :laugh:
Original post by Comeback
I liked modules on offer too. The people I met were all very friendly and well organised, and the location is excellent (I wanted somewhere close to bigger towns and London, but in a very green scenic area). The accommodation was 'ok' - there was quite a difference between the best and worst rooms but I suppose it's like that at every university. The buildings looked fine (as long as you don't expect them to be like Cambridge/Oxford).

It's 'fairly' good on the league tables, and entry requirement wise I thought it was a good safer choice for me.

A lot of it (in my opinion) is to do with what you don't like about the university, and there wasn't anything disastrous when I went, so it's definitely going on the list. You tend to remember problems more than the good things.

It isn't my favourite, but it's a solid university so you shouldn't be worried you haven't seen it. If you're from America (unless you're an American living in the UK?) I would bear in mind I think American universities tend to be very different to UK ones. Aren't American universities normally huge and with loads of facilities? (or is that a stereotype I've picked up :tongue: )

I don't intend to live on campus, regardless of where I live, so I don't mind the accommodation issues. Haha. I am indeed American. The universities here are generally pretty large. It depends on the school though. My requirements are pretty low. I just want a good environment, a good library, and a student union where I can mingle with others when I'm in the mood.
As the title! :cookie:

:h:

Where are you applying to?

How many conditional offers do you think you'll receive?

How many unconditional?

:h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Huskaris
I'm applying to 4 different hot blondes.

I reckon I will get offers from one, and it will be unconditional, but it will cost me about £250.

:lolwut:

I don't understand what this is a reference to :zomg:

Original post by MidnightDream
Yes I do thankfully :grin: !!!!
I do have a little time to look at some more universities over the next few weeks or so
Currently it's UCL but for all I know that could change too :laugh:

:woo:

Don't stress about it :biggrin: (although it doesn't seem like you're stressing). :h: It's good not to be completely set on one place, I think. :smile:
Original post by Sar_Grant
Im applying to kent/lanc/uea/chester/bathspa or huddersfield

I hope i get 5 conditional :smile:

An unconditional would be a dream.. but i doubt i'd get it haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just work hard this year and you'll be fine! :smile: What do you want to study? :smile:
Reply 28
Applying for mental health nursing. Leeds, York, Salford and then between Queens Belfast/Ulster/UEW for my last two choices! No idea how many offers I'll get because interviews and such- I'm panicking incase I get none aha.

I'd be pretty happy with any of those choices though so as long as I get 1 I'll be pleased. Should be unconditional offers as I already have my A Levels and will be applying with a degree :smile:
Just work hard this year and you'll be fine! :smile: What do you want to study? :smile:

Aw thanks i hope so :smile:
And english :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
I'm applying to read chemistry at St. Andrews, Warwick, Durham, Oxford and Manchester. I'd be happy with two offers, preferably one of those would be Durham. It's unlikely that Oxford will offer me a place, but I'll never know if I don't apply.
Cambridge, Durham, Exeter, Bristol and York to study English Lit. Any kind of offer from any of them would be good, really. I'm being pretty fatalist about Cambridge, so I'm not gonna be too disappointed if I don't get past interview stage.
Original post by falling
Applying for mental health nursing. Leeds, York, Salford and then between Queens Belfast/Ulster/UEW for my last two choices! No idea how many offers I'll get because interviews and such- I'm panicking incase I get none aha.

I'd be pretty happy with any of those choices though so as long as I get 1 I'll be pleased. Should be unconditional offers as I already have my A Levels and will be applying with a degree :smile:

Don't panic - I'm sure you'll get offers. :smile: Ah, another double degree! What was your original degree in? :h:
Original post by Marcum
I'm applying to read chemistry at St. Andrews, Warwick, Durham, Oxford and Manchester. I'd be happy with two offers, preferably one of those would be Durham. It's unlikely that Oxford will offer me a place, but I'll never know if I don't apply.

Exactly, so good on you for applying! :biggrin: How are your A Levels going to far? :smile:

Original post by NineBurgundy
Cambridge, Durham, Exeter, Bristol and York to study English Lit. Any kind of offer from any of them would be good, really. I'm being pretty fatalist about Cambridge, so I'm not gonna be too disappointed if I don't get past interview stage.

Don't be fatalistic! :dumbbells: Try your best. :smile: :smile: All great universities though, so I'm sure you'll love it. :h:
I think I will get 3-4 offers for mechanical engineering.

Surrey
Bristol
loughborough
Sheffield
-undecided- possibly exeter

I sincerely doubt I will get any unconditional offers though.
Reply 35
Exactly, so good on you for applying! :biggrin: How are your A Levels going to far? :smile:

Thank you! They're going pretty well and I'm enjoying them so far. A2 is undeniably a step up from AS, but I'll manage. I've been predicted A*A*A in maths, physics and chemistry. I enjoy chemistry the most, that's why I've chose to study it, I couldn't imagine spending another 4 years of my life studying a subject I'm not interested in.
I'll be lucky to get a single offer tbh!

But a girl in my school has already got one!!!
Reply 37
I'm applying for pharmacy with GCSE grades of A*AAAAABBBB but disappointing AS grades of ABBC (French, bio, maths, chem respectively)

My predicted Alevel grades are A*AAB respectively.

I'm gonna apply to UCL, Kings, Bath, Reading and Brighton.

UCL, Kings and Bath's entry requirements are AAB and Reading and Brighton's are ABB.

Do you guys think I'll have a chance of getting into these universities? Preferably UCL and Kings as I live in London.
I am quite undecided.I might apply to KCL/UCL,Warwick,Bath/Bristol,Manchester and some other uni(to read Economics)
Hoping to receive at least 4 conditional offers.
I don't think I'll get an unconditional offer!
Original post by Marcum
Thank you! They're going pretty well and I'm enjoying them so far. A2 is undeniably a step up from AS, but I'll manage. I've been predicted A*A*A in maths, physics and chemistry. I enjoy chemistry the most, that's why I've chose to study it, I couldn't imagine spending another 4 years of my life studying a subject I'm not interested in.

Brilliant. :smile: Those are some great predictions! :woo: Picking something your enjoy is essential I think. I couldn't imagine studying something I wasn't interested in, either. :biggrin: What do you think you'd like to do with it in the future?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending