The Student Room Group

How many offers do you think you'll get?

Scroll to see replies

At the moment it really depends on my predicted grades which we find out in about 2 weeks time.

I will definitely be predicted ABB as that is what I got in my AS results. In this case I think I will get 3 out of my 5 choices.

I am applying to, York, Southampton, UEA, Leicester and Swansea.

If I am predicted ABB then I think I will get offers from all but York and Southampton.

However, if I am predicted AAB/A*AA/AAA but most relistically AAB. Then I am likely to get 4 of my 5 choices. I don't know what the rules of the universities on retakes are though and I presume Southampton and York don't like them being top Russel Group universities.

York is relistically where I would like to go and I need ABB but due to retaking the year and that there are only 20 places I am unsure that I will get the offer. As for Southampton I need AAB/ABB and I don't particularly want to go there so I won't mind if I get rejected.

If I don't get York then Leicester will easily be my firm because I loved both unis when visiting yet York is more prestigious and therefore I think it would be better to attend uni there.
Reply 41
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Brilliant. :smile: Those are some great predictions! :woo: Picking something your enjoy is essential I think. I couldn't imagine studying something I wasn't interested in, either. :biggrin: What do you think you'd like to do with it in the future?

Thank you! :colondollar: That's a question that makes me go :confused:! Haha. I am tending towards the idea of entering research, I'd like to work around the area of alternative fuels and possibly on hydrogen fuel. This will probably change when I begin a degree, but they're areas I'm interested in at the moment. :smile:

Who knows what the future will bring?! I can say I'm pretty excited for it. :biggrin:
Very much hoping for 5 conditionals for Geology/Geophysics, but I wouldn't mind about the number if I got an offer from my first choice!
Reply 43
I'm hoping for 25-30. Anything over 10 would be good though.
Expecting none but hopeful for one.
Expecting to have to take a gap year.
AS:BCCC maths chem. physics and spanish respectively.
predicted: AAB
Applying for courses with AAA-ABB

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmmmmmm...

I'd say between 3 and 5.

Although I only really want 2.
How do you get unconditional offers? Most universities give conditional offers right?
UCL / Queen Mary's / Birmingham / Manchester / Edinburgh for Economics.

I can get 2 unconditional offers as I have completed my A2's already but the first three require me to get an A in A2 FM which I am doing currently. Being the pessimist I am, I'll probably get two offers.
Original post by Chlorophile
Very much hoping for 5 conditionals for Geology/Geophysics, but I wouldn't mind about the number if I got an offer from my first choice!

What's your first choice, if you don't mind me asking? Based on your profile, I'm guessing Cambridge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Coffeetime
What's your first choice, if you don't mind me asking? Based on your profile, I'm guessing Cambridge.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The other one :tongue:
I'm probably going to apply to Cambridge, UCL, Durham, Bristol and Nottingham for Law during my gap year (next year). I'm hoping for at least 3/4 unconditionals but I'd be extremely happy going to any of the first three!
Original post by Coffeetime

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oxford (apparently despite all common sense)!
Original post by peterith
How do you get unconditional offers? Most universities give conditional offers right?

If you apply post-A2 (i.e. after you've got your results) then you can get unconditionals. Some universities also give out unconditional offers to the best applicants to persuade them to come to them.
Applying for urban planning at UCL, LSE, Sheffield, Manchester and either UWE or leeds?

At AS I got AAAC and the highest offer is LSE at AAA/AAB so there's a good chance I'll get all conditional offers. I'd be happy with 4.
Applying for pharmacy at Nottingham, Aston, Bradford, Huddersfield and DMU.

Got BBC at AS, hopefully will resit a few AS modules and the grades up to AAB overall.

Think I should get conditional offers from Bradford and DMU. Really really want Nottingham/Aston but i doubt that :frown:
Medicine at Birmingham, Cardiff, Queens Belfast and Plymouth

I'd be over the moon with an offer from anywhere. xD
Applying to a Leeds, Teesside, Bradford, Salford & Sheffield for diagnostic radiography. Hoping for at least 2 offers with varying entry requirements, don't expect any unconditional though as only just started year 13.
Warwick,Birmingham,Kings,Royal holloway and Southampton , 3/5 offers would be great with my predicted grades only A*AA and not higher due to my teachers not backing me
Reply 58
Original post by Freudian Slip
Sucker for punishment... :sadnod:

My first degree is in Psychology and English Language, so I suppose it speaks for itself why the turnaround in my career choice. :teehee:

Did'nt you enjoy that degree because I'm considering it:s-smilie:
Reply 59
Applied for Politics at Liverpool, Sheffield, Leeds, Birmingham and York

Hopefully going to get at least 3/5 offers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending