The Student Room Group

How many offers do you think you'll get?

As the title! :cookie:

:h:

Where are you applying to?

How many conditional offers do you think you'll receive?

How many unconditional?

:h:

:woo:

Scroll to see replies

Keele, Coventry, Staffordshire, Wolverhampton and Birmingham City - all for Mental Health Nursing (and all within commutable distance, since this will be my second degree, aha). I'd like to think I'll get offers from all of them which should, in theory, be unconditional, but we shall see. Fingers crossed. :grin:
York, Newcastle, Manchester, Leeds, Warwick.

Doubt I'll get any unconditional offers, hopefully I'll get an offer from York or Newcastle as they're my top choices and Warwick as it's my insurance. If I get 3/5 I'll be happy :biggrin:
Original post by Freudian Slip
Keele, Coventry, Staffordshire, Wolverhampton and Birmingham City - all for Mental Health Nursing (and all within commutable distance, since this will be my second degree, aha). I'd like to think I'll get offers from all of them which should, in theory, be unconditional, but we shall see. Fingers crossed. :grin:

Eeh, you're one of them two degree types!

What was your first degree in?

I hope you get your offers! :biggrin:
Original post by womanofsteel
York, Newcastle, Manchester, Leeds, Warwick.

Doubt I'll get any unconditional offers,

You never know! :woo:

hopefully I'll get an offer from York or Newcastle as they're my top choices and Warwick as it's my insurance. If I get 3/5 I'll be happy :biggrin:

That's awesome :smile: I've heard lots of good things from all of those universities so I'm sure you'll have a good time wherever you go. :smile: What courses have you applied for? :smile:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Eeh, you're one of them two degree types!

What was your first degree in?

I hope you get your offers! :biggrin:

Sucker for punishment... :sadnod:

My first degree is in Psychology and English Language, so I suppose it speaks for itself why the turnaround in my career choice. :teehee:
You never know! :woo:

Fingers crossed! :biggrin:

That's awesome :smile: I've heard lots of good things from all of those universities so I'm sure you'll have a good time wherever you go. :smile: What courses have you applied for? :smile:

I'm really excited :biggrin: And Medicinal Chemistry
Original post by Freudian Slip
Sucker for punishment... :sadnod:

My first degree is in Psychology and English Language, so I suppose it speaks for itself why the turnaround in my career choice. :teehee:

I was hazarding a guess at philosophy, just because I've known a lot of philosophy degree people go on to do nursing!

Psychology sounds a bit more relevant though. :^_^:
Since I'm going into this kind of blindly, I'm not that sure of my chances. I'm applying to Nottingham, Newcastle and Reading for Ancient History, Leeds and Warwick for Classical Civilisation. I'm really happy with all of my choices, so I would be thrilled to receive an offer from any of them. I would assume if I receive one, it would be unconditional, since I'm American and not currently in school.
Reply 9
Applying for Politics/Politics with International Relations at Bath, Exeter, Newcastle, Warwick and York. Hoping for all 5 to give me conditional offers, don't expect any unconditional offers though :smile:
Original post by Coffeetime
Since I'm going into this kind of blindly, I'm not that sure of my chances. I'm applying to Nottingham, Newcastle and Reading for Ancient History, Leeds and Warwick for Classical Civilisation. I'm really happy with all of my choices, so I would be thrilled to receive an offer from any of them.

That's the ideal situation to be in :smile: :smile: Have you been to the UK before?? These are all great universities so I'm sure you'll love it :h:
Original post by Kandyan
Applying for Politics/Politics with International Relations at Bath, Exeter, Newcastle, Warwick and York. Hoping for all 5 to give me conditional offers, don't expect any unconditional offers though :smile:

Ooh nice :smile: Which is your preferred choice? :smile:
That's the ideal situation to be in :smile: :smile: Have you been to the UK before?? These are all great universities so I'm sure you'll love it :h:

Yep. Only to London and Basingstoke (family friends there) though. But I'm not overly worried about the city I end up in. I'm not going to uni for the scenery.
I'm expecting three or four I think. The trouble is, in my head I've kinda already decided what I want for my firm and insurance, assuming I get the offers, so I'm going to be so disappointed if I only get one or neither of them. Not that I would dislike my other choices, but they just aren't the ones I want.

Anyone know if resitting an AS module after A2 (with a prediction for the A Level to go up) would be looked down upon for a humanities course?
Original post by Coffeetime
Yep. Only to London and Basingstoke (family friends there) though. But I'm not overly worried about the city I end up in. I'm not going to uni for the scenery.

Have you visited the universities you're applying for? I'm applying to Reading, went there recently. :smile:
I know I'll definitely be applying to UCL, Bristol, Southampton and Leeds for Pharmacology, I keep changing my mind about my fifth choice so currently it is still TBD

anyhoo expecting maybe 3/4 conditionals and no unconditionals
Original post by Comeback
Have you visited the universities you're applying for? I'm applying to Reading, went there recently. :smile:

No. :frown: I feel like Reading and Basingstoke would be similar, since they are near one another and not too far from London. What made you sure about Reading? I really like some of the modules they offer, and the location is a big bonus. Near London for a day trip, near my family friend.
Original post by MidnightDream
I know I'll definitely be applying to UCL, Bristol, Southampton and Leeds for Pharmacology, I keep changing my mind about my fifth choice so currently it is still TBD

anyhoo expecting maybe 3/4 conditionals and no unconditionals

You still have some time to decide! :biggrin:

Do you time to visit some universities before you make your decision?

Which one is your first choice? :h:
Oxford, Bath, Exeter, York, Lancaster.

Hoping for offers from the last 3. Offer from Bath would be brilliant. Oxford in all likelihood ain't gonna happen.
Reply 19
Ulster, Northampton, Huddersfield, East London and Southampton all Podiatry.

Dependent on interviews but will have a degree as entry.

Quick Reply

Latest