The Student Room Group

I've been catfished, ask me anything.

Yes, I have been catfished...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MylittlePlusle
Yes, I have been catfished...

What's the full story of the catfishing?
Original post by coolerthanbeans
What's the full story of the catfishing?

I met her when I was 17 on a website, we got close, I added her on msn messenger and we were talking, she told me her name was Cassandra, she was the niece of a rock star. She told me that she had cancer and moves to London. She told me that she was raped by her brothers and father since she was 4. We was going to meet a few times but she got pushed down the stairs ended up in hospital and died and then she was alive. (I spoke to her "uncle" during those times)

My parents told me that she was lying about it all and try to stop us from talking but I wouldn't listen, I sneaked out once to try to find her and I didn't find her.

Eventually she told me that she was pregnant from her brother and she was keeping the child.

I eventualy ended things then I think she killed herself but she's alive.
(edited 9 years ago)
I met her when I was 17 on a website, we got close, I added her on msn messenger and we were talking, she told me her name was Cassandra, she was the niece of a rock star. She told me that she had cancer and moves to London. She told me that she was raped by her brothers and father since she was 4. We was going to meet a few times but she got pushed down the stairs ended up in hospital and died and then she was alive. (I spoke to her "uncle" during those times)

My parents told me that she was lying about it all and try to stop us from talking but I wouldn't listen, I sneaked out once to try to find her and I didn't find her.

Eventually she told me that she was pregnant from her brother and she was keeping the child.

No offence but did you not consider how fake that story sounded? Did you ever believe your parents?

:lolwut:

That made no sense o.o
Did you honestly believe her story?!

I have been catfished before actually not badly and it's rather embarrassing but I don't mind embarrassing myself. In my MSN days when I was around 12, I got speaking to a guy from America and he would send me pictures, he would tell me he was travelling the world and I honestly believed him. One day he dissapeared.

I found out years later the pictures he was sending me were actually pictures of ''Lil bow wow'' I'd never heard of him before that. He didn't pretend to be lil bow wow but he just used his pictures, it was a strange time in my life and I find it rather funny lol.
Now that is an episode of Catfish I would have watched, Nev missed out on a winner here :laugh:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by coolerthanbeans
No offence but did you not consider how fake that story sounded? Did you ever believe your parents?

Original post by HandmadeTurnip
:lolwut:

Original post by R Dragon
That made no sense o.o

I was in love, I believed her 100%. I wanted to meet her so badly. I didn't care about anything. I didn't believe my parents.
Did you want to kill her after discovering the truth?
I would.
Reply 10
Catfish are so obvious to spot. How on earth did you fall for one so bloated?
But how is it catfishing if you never met and never found out it wasn't actually her?

I potentially got catfished a lot as a kid. There was a craze in year 7 (before anyone considered Internet safety!) to join up to this chat room and talk to strangers. Funnily enough they all pretended to be 12/13 year old kids too. Some of them would ask for a picture and I'd happily send a selfie of me in my school uniform. I was so innocent I genuinely believed I was talking to other kids from around the world (maybe I was, but it was more likely a 48 year old truck driver from Hull or something).
Original post by Reue

How so?

Don't the best catfish last the longest?

but lol @ op, wouldreadthatstoryagain/10
Reply 13
Original post by Damien_Dalgaard
How so?

Don't the best catfish last the longest?

but lol @ op, wouldreadthatstoryagain/10

No, the best catfish is the one lurking so deep you cant distinguish it as being a catfish at all.
Original post by Reue
No, the best catfish is the one lurking so deep you cant distinguish it as being a catfish at all.

That is called a real person lmao
Reply 15
That is called a real person lmao

Except they're not...:ninja:
Original post by Reue
Except they're not...:ninja:

Mr/Mrs? Reue if someone is a catfish and they are trying to be either similar to who they really are or worse off than they really are then they are just an idiot tbf.
Reply 17
Mr/Mrs? Reue if someone is a catfish and they are trying to be either similar to who they really are or worse off than they really are then they are just an idiot tbf.

Lots of idiots in the world. Attention seeking idiots at that.
Original post by Reue

Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
But how is it catfishing if you never met and never found out it wasn't actually her?

I potentially got catfished a lot as a kid. There was a craze in year 7 (before anyone considered Internet safety!) to join up to this chat room and talk to strangers. Funnily enough they all pretended to be 12/13 year old kids too. Some of them would ask for a picture and I'd happily send a selfie of me in my school uniform. I was so innocent I genuinely believed I was talking to other kids from around the world (maybe I was, but it was more likely a 48 year old truck driver from Hull or something).

I guess I was so in love and I was blind to her lies.

It's catfishing becuase she was lying about herself to me.
I guess I was so in love and I was blind to her lies.

It's catfishing becuase she was lying about herself to me.

Did she ever send photos or ask for money or anything? I suppose it must have been for attention ultimately, I wonder if it was even a girl.. ..

Quick Reply

Latest