The Student Room Group

is accounting & finance degree useless?

I wanted to get into investment banking. Will an accounting and finance degree from warwick uni be sufficient? or is accounting and finance generally seen as a low degree?
Reply 1
Maths is regarded as better by a lot of people but no I dont believe that degree would put you at a disadvantage maybe phone up some accountancy firms or banks and ask?
Reply 2
Original post by academichopeful
I wanted to get into investment banking. Will an accounting and finance degree from warwick uni be sufficient? or is accounting and finance generally seen as a low degree?

Accounting & Finance from Warwick is as best as you can do for IB after Oxbridge/LSE/UCL/Imperial. And yes, it will be sufficient. A lot of people from this degree get into IB on a regular basis - have a look on LinkedIn for yourself.
Original post by academichopeful

A&F from Warwick is good for IB. Not a low degree. Stop comparing with Economics. They are different and each has +/- .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending