The Student Room Group

Ucas email?

as i have already given some uni's my informal email (when i signed up for open days and prospectuses etc etc) does this mean i CANT change it on ucas to a formal 1

*confuzzled*

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
UCAS is UCAS - whatever email address you use for UCAS will be forwarded on to the universities you apply to.

If you've signed up for open days etc with a different email address then you *might* get duplicate spam to both addresses.

I would recommend using your formal email address for UCAS (especially because admissions staff can SEE your email address so if you have something "funny" then it doesn't look great). Make sure it is an email address that you will still have access to in August next year - a lot of applicants use a school/college email address only to find they can no longer access their emails from UCAS/universities after the end of their exams.
Original post by Sar_Grant
Hi,

Basically i have 2 emails, an infomal one and a formal one. My informal one gets cloggeed up with tsr/ fb/ twitter / youtube and emails from unis etc...

So i'm thinking of changing my email address on ucas from my informal one to my formal one (as i am less likely to lose important offer emails)

BUT as i have already given some uni's my informal email (when i signed up for open days and prospectuses etc etc) does this mean i CANT change it on ucas?

*confuzzled*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely use your formal email address (which preferably looks professional) for UCAS. It's irrelevant which email you used for open days and prospectuses - that's only going to be used to spam you with irritating information, not for anything official.
Reply 3
Original post by Sar_Grant
Hi,

Basically i have 2 emails, an infomal one and a formal one. My informal one gets cloggeed up with tsr/ fb/ twitter / youtube and emails from unis etc...

So i'm thinking of changing my email address on ucas from my informal one to my formal one (as i am less likely to lose important offer emails)

BUT as i have already given some uni's my informal email (when i signed up for open days and prospectuses etc etc) does this mean i CANT change it on ucas?

*confuzzled*

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's fine to change your email address. UCAS will pass it on to the universities. I would use the formal one.

Quick Reply

Latest