The Student Room Group

Admission Policy question

I'd like to apply to hertfordshire, but in the course entry requirement section, it says I need 240-280 Ucas points. Potentially, I could get more than 280, but will they not consider you if you over achieve? I'm confused with why they put that boundary there. Surely if you get above 280 you are definitely in contention for a place. Could someone clear this up for me please?
From what i understand; if you over achive you are more likely to get an offer

The boundary is a guide

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Phillipo57
I'd like to apply to hertfordshire, but in the course entry requirement section, it says I need 240-280 Ucas points. Potentially, I could get more than 280, but will they not consider you if you over achieve? I'm confused with why they put that boundary there. Surely if you get above 280 you are definitely in contention for a place. Could someone clear this up for me please?

Yes, they would be extremely happy to have you if you achieve more than 280 points - as long as you meet any subject specific criteria such as 'at least a B in a science A-level' or 'Maths GCSE at C or above' if applicable.

Over-achievement is fine. Offers are likely to be within the range stated (not all offers will be the same).

Entry requirements are minimums. They're not going to reject you if you surpass them!
The minimum is in that range, not the maximum.
Reply 6
The entry requirements are just a minimum. Exceeding them is fine. It may make your application more competitive, but exceeding requirements does not guarantee you an offer as other things are taken into account such as your personal statement, reference and interview performance.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply