The Student Room Group

Can you do Mechanical Engineering (BEng) at Uni with BBB A Levels?

Is it possible? I'm worried if I'm wasting my time :frown:
Original post by N4NDOS

There definitely are BEng degrees that allow you to get in with BBB (or below), but obviously you're not going to get into a Russel Group! Brighton University, for instance, has BBB requirements for mechanical engineering.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Chlorophile
There definitely are BEng degrees that allow you to get in with BBB (or below), but obviously you're not going to get into a Russel Group! Brighton University, for instance, has BBB requirements for mechanical engineering.

Thanks! I've just found a pretty good website to see what universities would accept BBB. To my surprise Queens University accepts BBB and are a Russel Group uni... o_O http://www.qub.ac.uk/home/StudyatQueens/CourseFinder/UG/MechanicalEngineering/H304/
Original post by N4NDOS

Sure, it's likely that quite a lot of universities will take you with those grades... I'm sure there are also websites where you can search universities and courses by entry requirements too, which will help you out in identifying where to apply to.
Original post by Smack
Sure, it's likely that quite a lot of universities will take you with those grades... I'm sure there are also websites where you can search universities and courses by entry requirements too, which will help you out in identifying where to apply to.

Can you direct me to such websites that will help me to apply to the right place?
Original post by Skill Twix
Can you direct me to such websites that will help me to apply to the right place?

http://university.which.co.uk/courses
Original post by Skill Twix

Have you tried the Which? University website? And doesn't UCAS also have such a search feature?
Reply 7
Have a look at Swansea University :smile: They offer BEng Mechanical at BBB. The department is one of the strongest at the uni and it has a good reputation. They're opening a £400 million pound campus solely for engineering next year, so that says a lot in itself :P
Reply 8
Take a look at Oxford Brookes, my friend just started there and he loves it. He actually turned down an offer from Exeter in favour of Oxford Brookes.
Russell Schmussell, what matters with Engineering courses is accreditation by a EngC member institute

BEng should be accredited Ieng and CEng with additional study, MEng fshould be accredited for CEng.
Reply 10
Original post by LeoHX4
Have a look at Swansea University :smile: They offer BEng Mechanical at BBB. The department is one of the strongest at the uni and it has a good reputation. They're opening a £400 million pound campus solely for engineering next year, so that says a lot in itself :P

Ahh thank you for the information, i'm definitely going to look into Swansea then :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending