The Student Room Group

I have done very little extra curricular...

post removed
(edited 9 years ago)
that's plenty, get some work experience or something this year and you should be fine
I'm guessing CCF is combined cadet force? If so, milk that cow til it's dry.
Don't worry, if you feel like you've not done enough when you're writing your personal statement then really expand on what you have done and talk about what you got out of it and if you have to, make it sound a little better than what it was. That's what I did :smile:
Good luck
Dude. You go to my school!
3 years is still a fair while in cadets. I'm assuming you're wanting the extra-curric stuff for your personal statement; include debating and mentoring (milk this too and talk about how much you gained out of helping others) then talk about all dem tasty skills you've picked up (even if you haven't) like first-aid, leadership qualities, teamwork, discipline, punctuality etc.

I didn't have too many things I was able to talk about in my PS (football, competitive shooting & army cadets were the only real things I could use) so I just talked about the 'responsibilities' I had (basically shouting a lot), like teaching younger cadets things like skill at arms/first aid, and that sort of stuff.
lol I'm not sure how well that'd work?

Just throw in loads of buzzwords, talk about how great it made you and that should do the trick.
Pretty sure
i'm sure you don't need that many, afaik (from what my friends are saying) placements are more important than extracurriculars anyway???

Quick Reply

Latest