The Student Room Group

Applying with overseas qualifications

Hi, after studying in England for my a levels, I moved to Germany and am now studying Mechatronics in an apprenticeship program that will give me an IHK Qualification.

If i choose to continue my study into degree level, it would be nice to do so back in England. My A levels are unrelated to engineering and so I am hoping this qualification can help me better my application.

I am wondering how this qualification can be efficiently used when applying as I am finding it hard to find it in most uni's "international qualifications" pages.

Is it a good idea to contact the uni's directly when applying or is there something simple i'm missing?

Thanks for any help!
Reply 1
No it is probably best to contact unis individually that you want to apply to and just ask explain exactly what the qualification is and if they accept it, what did you get at A-Level?
Original post by LewisGilb
Hi, after studying in England for my a levels, I moved to Germany and am now studying Mechatronics in an apprenticeship program that will give me an IHK Qualification.

If i choose to continue my study into degree level, it would be nice to do so back in England. My A levels are unrelated to engineering and so I am hoping this qualification can help me better my application.

I am wondering how this qualification can be efficiently used when applying as I am finding it hard to find it in most uni's "international qualifications" pages.

Is it a good idea to contact the uni's directly when applying or is there something simple i'm missing?

Thanks for any help!

To find the international qualifications click the international tab. Then there should be a link that says Your Country. Click on that. Then you should find Germany. Hope this helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending