The Student Room Group

Does anyone else get really annoyed at immature people in your class room?

I've been in my group for 3 weeks and out of 16 people there's maybe, 3-4 that are alright. The rest act like kids, I'm trying to get into uni and I've got the mindset of the teacher teaches and you take notes, then you go home and look at your notes and revise etc. BUT, everyone basically talks sh*t.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Taelii
I've been in my group for 3 weeks and out of 16 people there's maybe, 3-4 that are alright. The rest act like kids, I'm trying to get into uni and I've got the mindset of the teacher teaches and you take notes, then you go home and look at your notes and revise etc. BUT, everyone basically talks sh*t.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Just think of it as lower grade boundaries :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Doesn't bother me, I rarely use my school notes and when it comes to revision chances are I'm going to be using a revision guide/textbook

Lesson time is party time!!! (I'm joking, kinda :teehee:)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Prince Kael'thas
TBH people like you suck all the fun out of school and learning. Not everyone has this robot-like mind. Plus not everyone wants to go to uni.

I think you need to take your head out of your ass and actually realise that school is more than just taking notes and sucking up to the teacher.

I think you need to realise that you're at school to learn, it's further education, it means YOU chose to be there. If you chose to study a course then study it.
Reply 4
Actually school is compulsory there's no choice involved. And you can have fun and study at the same time. There's no need to be overly clinical and obtuse about the learning process.

School is compulsory, 3rd year of college isn't....
What makes a class member immature? I mean I have fun and scream sometimes but I don't distract anyone, does that mean I'm immature yo?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I agree that there are people in my class that always mess around, and talk when the teacher is talking - it's very frustrating:s-smilie:
Reply 7
Original post by SianTee
I agree that there are people in my class that always mess around, and talk when the teacher is talking - it's very frustrating:s-smilie:

Glad I'm not on my own :smile:
Reply 8
Even that is compulsory society has made it so that jobs require degrees and many people are going to university than ever before so that they can get a job and earn a living. If you want to live and feed your family you have to get an education so again is there a choice? I don't think so.

Like I keep saying having fun while learning is possible. Just because rote learning and note taking work for you doesn't mean it works for everyone.

compulsory
kəmˈpʌls(ə)ri/
adjective

required by law or a rule; obligatory.

Society made it compulsory, last time I checked a social convention isn't required by law or a rule.

Having fun isn't immature, but distracting everyone in the class, talking whilst the teacher is and holding people up because you're at college for the laugh then its immature.

Even that is compulsory society has made it so that jobs require degrees and many people are going to university than ever before so that they can get a job and earn a living. If you want to live and feed your family you have to get an education so again is there a choice? I don't think so.

Like I keep saying having fun while learning is possible. Just because rote learning and note taking work for you doesn't mean it works for everyone.

Tbf to the OP disturbing the class is not having fun. You are there to learn, you can have fun learning and discovering new things but if you are there to just gossip and **** around, then please **** off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If there were no "immature" people in my lessons I would get depressed and quit college and my life would be over...
Reply 11
Tbh you need to grow up. You're going to be in for a loud awakening when you reach university and realise that a lot of people are just there for the university experience and see that people are way more concerned with having a social life and attending events rather than learning every last lecture slide in your rooms @ halls.

You can't control people. They can do whatever they want yes even in a class room. You do your best to study and pass the exam and don't pay attention to what other people get up to.

You sound like a genuine old fart

I need to grow up, your account is all named and based on a character from world of warcraft, yes I'm the one who needs to grow up!
Original post by Taelii
I need to grow up, your account is all named and based on a character from world of warcraft, yes I'm the one who needs to grow up!

Grow up does not mean "become a boring lifeless soul".
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yeah dude
What makes a class member immature? I mean I have fun and scream sometimes but I don't distract anyone, does that mean I'm immature yo?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You scream in class? Yes, immature :rolleyes:
Reply 14
You know personal insults are the last refuge of those who are grasping at straws. You're unbearably asinine so I have to ask do you even have any friends at college?

I have many friends at college, and the fact you're getting so annoyed at a difference of opinion is baffling. I signed up to college to learn, same as I will sign up to university to learn. If you don't want to be in the classroom and all you want to do is mess around and talk you can simply walk out.
Original post by Black Rose
You scream in class? Yes, immature :rolleyes:

No I don't scream as in a girly scream, I just yell jokingly, does this mean I am immature?
Reply 16
I used to get really annoyed about it but now that I'm at college and everyone behaves, I kinda miss it lol, it was funny.

You don't need to do A levels (I assume OP is doing A levels?). There's apprenticeships and college courses that also lead to jobs.
Reply 18
No I get annoyed at all the mature people outside of university.
One of my Physics teachers pairs us up randomly and makes us sit in our pairs for the week, and this week I have to sit next to the most immature and annoying boy on this planet. He glued my booklet together and started spreading glue over my exercise book. He also made me get all the equipment for an experiment we we're doing except 1 piece of equipment and that was only because it was heavy, and he made me do most of the experiment. He then decided to call me dumb most of the lesson and called me pedantic because I preferred to be accurate. Then when I told him to do the work, he started saying that I'm too clever and that I should do it because he can't measure angles cause he doesn't do Further Maths (and I do). I was so pissed off. :mad:

Quick Reply

Latest