The Student Room Group

**** teachers

I have a Geography teacher that doesn't teach. She's ****. We have to cover 10 units but we've done less than half. She starts a unit and then stops to start another. We start our coursework, leave it then start it, then leave it. She stopped for the summer and now expects us to be able to finish it one month before it's due in. She is so disorganised. But when I talk to my head of year he says that she's a great teacher and her class get's good results- obviously cause they have to work their asses off!
I really don't know what to do- I am so stressed i just feel like crying-as ridiculous as it may seem.
Plus as a school we did all the English coursework in year 10 ut they expect us to redo it all because we never did an early entry in the end.
Any pointers?
Not true about class getting good results, we had an utterly useless teacher for French GCSE and when I complained I got the same response. Everyone in our class did great in the end, because he was an examiner and made us learn model answers to the oral and the writing but without teaching us any skills. Lots of useless teachers panic and cheat by giving too much help with coursework etc
Thanks.
Trust me she is that bad- she tells us what's going to be on the unit tests(hints she calls it) so revision is focused on those things. It's not like she can do that at the GCSE exams and it just really ****es me off. You go to any person in my class they will tell you just how **** she is.
I'm aiming for the A* but i doubt I'm gonna get that. I realise i should be taking the responsibility to do the stuff myself but this is just going too far.
Reply 3
I do not take geography however I can recommend some general things firstly go through EVERYTHING on bbc bite size tests and everything. Then make revision notes. I do not know the% the CA is but I'm going to guess 25% which means that you can get a decent grade still. For the stress remember it is only geography, not maths or English , it isn't worth stressing for as almost all places will accept a B at gcse to do alevel

As for English the same happened at our school; just go with it oh and watch Mr bruff videos for English his exam technique helps tonnes.

Quick Reply

Latest