The Student Room Group

3 A2s and 1 AS in Year 13??

Hello.

I am currently in Year 13 and I am taking Maths, Biology, and Chemistry at A2, in the hopes of studying Medicine in Uni next year. I dropped physics this year after having got an A at AS.
However, now I am considering whether to take on an extra subject at AS, and AS in economics this year in addition to my A2s as I really enjoyed the subject at GCSE and people have said that AS economics is not too hard. But then the workload this year is really high.

What do you guys think?
Thanks
Reply 1
It's reasonably common, although not necessary at all. There is absolutely no advantage in you taking another (the main reason people do it is they decide on a course they want to do and find another subject might help them, i.e. Further Maths in the case of engineering).

You'd be better doing well this year... it's certainly not going to be the difference between an offer and a rejection. Time to prepare for interviews is going to be more key for you right now.

I don't think the advantages (very little, if anything) outweigh the potential disadvantages (possibly quite large if you don't balance workload, miss your offers, don't prepare enough for interviews etc.).

Quick Reply

Latest