The Student Room Group

Torn between 2 EPQ topics...Help!!!

Hi guys I just started Yr 12 :eek: and I am sure I am gonna do an EPQ. However I am undecided which one would be best. The choices are:

The relatonship between Art and Anatomy
Or
The inffluence of Ancient Egypt's femail rulers.

Bearing in mind I want to study Medicine at University :eek: I am not sure weather doing something that would relate is better since it shows my dedication to Medicine or something totaly diffrent to show my varied passion.
Thank you so much for the help.
Glambarbe
Reply 1
I wouldn't bother with an EPQ if you're wanting to medicine. Most universities won't care about your EPQ when applying for Medicine.
Reply 2
Original post by futbol
I wouldn't bother with an EPQ if you're wanting to medicine. Most universities won't care about your EPQ when applying for Medicine.

Realy? I was hoping it would make up for my weak gcse results since I missed a lot of school before exams.
Reply 3
What were your GCSEs? If they're not as good then maybe an EPQ would be advantageous. I assumed that you were all A and A*.
Reply 4
Original post by futbol
What were your GCSEs? If they're not as good then maybe an EPQ would be advantageous. I assumed that you were all A and A*.

You couldn't be further from the truth. I was way from school as my mother passed away suddenly in march, so took me a long time to get back on track. I ended up with
1 A* short course
1A*
2A
5B
2C
And
Merit OCR nationals ICT
So not very good at all.
Reply 5
That is good.
Reply 6
Original post by futbol
That is good.

Aww thanx but...not good enough for medicine. But I am leaning towards the art and anatomy one.
Reply 7
I am interesting in going into Biomedical courses at University and my EPQ teacher suggested to do a medical based project because if the University you're applying for accept it, a medical one would be more beneficial than one that is not medicine based.
Original post by glambarbe
Realy? I was hoping it would make up for my weak gcse results since I missed a lot of school before exams.

It won't. I think an EPQ is a good idea, but it absolutely won't make up for other grades. You could have a problem with your GCSEs.
Why single out femail? What about gonna, relatonship, inffluence, weather, diffrent ...?
Reply 10
I think the art and anatomy one may be more closely linked to medicine... But as an EPQ student, I would say do the one you are MOST interested in. 5000 words is a lot to write on a topic that you have little interest in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Jams97
I think the art and anatomy one may be more closely linked to medicine... But as an EPQ student, I would say do the one you are MOST interested in. 5000 words is a lot to write on a topic that you have little interest in

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanx I actualy did decide to do that one.
Reply 12
Yes...how did you guess?
Reply 13
Posted from TSR Mobile
That I am female.

Quick Reply

Latest