The Student Room Group

Should ditch my annoying 'friend'

I'm in year 12 and I've known her since year 7.

The reason why I want to stop talking to her is because she is literally SOOOOO boring. She has no personality. Shes very pretty (which she thinks can make her get her way and boss me around) and smart. However, I find that with her there is always an awkward silence.

She is clingy towards me, always wants to be in same classes etc (she has no friends and cannot easily make them as she so boring). This means that whenever I make new friends she ruins it for me. Thats because she follows us, then they see how boring she is and they get annoyed. She literally will just sit there saying nothing.

Also, she ALWAYS wants to get her way. If I disagree she gets annoyed and looks down without saying anything.

Anyway, right now its just me and her that sit together at lunch.. I don't like her! I can't bare sitting in silence at lunch, its sixth form.. I wanna have fun at lunch... its the only fun I can get.

Any advice? I'm thinking I could get to know some new people... then ditch her maybe?
Is ditching her to sit with new people too mean... because tbh she deserves it she lacks personality and is a brat.
Another friend of ours ditched us a few years ago- as our lunch was boring as this girl kills the mood all the time. I'm thinking of doing the same, but then she will be on her own :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Lol I once had this annoying friend who would always run to cross sidewalks, so we'd be walkin one day just chillfully and he'd freakin break into a run like a crazy dude

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Tell her to politely piss off.
Original post by Yeah dude
Lol I once had this annoying friend who would always run to cross sidewalks, so we'd be walkin one day just chillfully and he'd freakin break into a run like a crazy dude

Posted from TSR Mobile

Masta, calm down, I am sorry for that :frown:. I just lyk ur trainin, but now I am more powerful than you eveer were!
I think she needs to ditch YOU. You seem like a horrible person tbh
Original post by Anonymous
Masta, calm down, I am sorry for that :frown:. I just lyk ur trainin, but now I am more powerful than you eveer were!

NO WAY??? IS THAT YOU? Really? If it were I'd be so shocked that The last time I was this shocked was when a mute grab won the xgames bro, why are you anonymous bro?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm in year 12 and I've known her since year 7.

The reason why I want to stop talking to her is because she is literally SOOOOO boring. She has no personality. Shes very pretty (which she thinks can make her get her way and boss me around) and smart. However, I find that with her there is always an awkward silence.

She is clingy towards me, always wants to be in same classes etc (she has no friends and cannot easily make them as she so boring). This means that whenever I make new friends she ruins it for me. Thats because she follows us, then they see how boring she is and they get annoyed. She literally will just sit there saying nothing.

Also, she ALWAYS wants to get her way. If I disagree she gets annoyed and looks down without saying anything.

Anyway, right now its just me and her that sit together at lunch.. I don't like her! I can't bare sitting in silence at lunch, its sixth form.. I wanna have fun at lunch... its the only fun I can get.

Any advice? I'm thinking I could get to know some new people... then ditch her maybe?
Is ditching her to sit with new people too mean... because tbh she deserves it she lacks personality and is a brat.
Another friend of ours ditched us a few years ago- as our lunch was boring as this girl kills the mood all the time. I'm thinking of doing the same, but then she will be on her own :s-smilie:

Just because she make look bored, just seems to enjoy being whether she says it or not. Try to explain to her the situation and see what she thinks.
If 'fun' seems so important to you, you could easily ditch her and have the time of your life, if that's what you think will happen...
NO WAY??? IS THAT YOU? Really? If it were I'd be so shocked that The last time I was this shocked was when a mute grab won the xgames bro, why are you anonymous bro?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No it is not me -_-
No it is not me -_-

I love you, I know you love me back kaitlyn, don't hide the emotions, I know it's you, make love not war, I thought you were Mormon.

1 VEE 1 ME NAH M8

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Secretnerd123
I think she needs to ditch YOU. You seem like a horrible person tbh

Oh really?

I realise my post seems mean but let me tell you what I deal with

-She is very pretty (I will admit), she judges people looks in a sly way
-She ALWAYS complains... even about stuff she has done before
-She never says hello or bye... she just leaves, yet I'm always polite
-She has no substance, literally, I think theres nothing there something when I talk to her.
Original post by futbol
Tell her to politely piss off.

LOL, I wish I could... she would make me look like the bad person though
Original post by TheNoobishKnight
Just because she make look bored, just seems to enjoy being whether she says it or not. Try to explain to her the situation and see what she thinks.
If 'fun' seems so important to you, you could easily ditch her and have the time of your life, if that's what you think will happen...

I think I may just eat with other people that can have a conversation
Oh really?

I realise my post seems mean but let me tell you what I deal with

-She is very pretty (I will admit), she judges people looks in a sly way
-She ALWAYS complains... even about stuff she has done before
-She never says hello or bye... she just leaves, yet I'm always polite
-She has no substance, literally, I think theres nothing there something when I talk to her.

Try talking to her?

Atleast tell her that shes boring, impolite and judgemental before you ditch her so she can work on improving these personality flaws as she may be unaware of them. This will help her in her future life as well as helping her make new friends
I love you, I know you love me back kaitlyn, don't hide the emotions, I know it's you, make love not war, I thought you were Mormon.

1 VEE 1 ME NAH M8

Posted from TSR Mobile

Be careful before you get f'd up mate, watch your self when you go sleep bro, i be there, i jeff da killa boy. Good night.
Try talking to her?

Atleast tell her that shes boring, impolite and judgemental before you ditch her so she can work on improving these personality flaws as she may be unaware of them. This will help her in her future life as well as helping her make new friends

She doesn't seem that bad, I mean these problems can be easily fixed just some talking and help with each other.

EDIT: Ooops wrong person, not op -_-
Be careful before you get f'd up mate, watch your self when you go sleep bro, i be there, i jeff da killa boy. Good night.

AY, THATS IT DUDE,

SO WHAT I REK U
SO WHAT I SMOKE WEED
IM JUST HAVIN FUN
I DONT CARE WHO SEES
IM NOT ANNOYNYMOUS
CAUSE I HAAAAVE A PAIR
LIVIN YOUNG AND WILD AND REKT

DUDE YOU DONT EVEN EXIST ANYMORE

Posted from TSR Mobile
AY, THATS IT DUDE,

SO WHAT I REK U
SO WHAT I SMOKE WEED
IM JUST HAVIN FUN
I DONT CARE WHO SEES
IM NOT ANNOYNYMOUS
CAUSE I HAAAAVE A PAIR
LIVIN YOUNG AND WILD AND REKT

DUDE YOU DONT EVEN EXIST ANYMORE

Posted from TSR Mobile

inb4webothgetbanndlol
i can't get banned cause i need to keep adding to my post revision counter, so be better be careful. :biggrin:
inb4webothgetbanndlol
i can't get banned cause i need to keep adding to my post revision counter, so be better be careful. :biggrin:

Exactly, my point proven you cannot REK me as you're scared. Sorry dude better luck in... What time is it? Oh yeah it's your bed time OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Posted from TSR Mobile
Try talking to her?

I can't really say that to someone, thats just plain rude! Its too late, her personality can't change at this age. I honestly thinks he will struggle to have friends.

Also, she didn't even send a text on my bday which was on sunday! Yet I sent her one a few months ago on hers. Isn't that ridiculous?
I say ignore what people say about you being a horrible person. You're being honest, and NO ONE can say that they've never talked behind people's backs.
BUUT... It's not that she doesn't have any substance or that she's boring. It's the fact that she's not interested in anything you are. That's what makes things boring.
For instance, I'd much rather talk about politics and world affairs and 'deep conversations' rather than the lastest celeb gossip or music. Its just the way I am. That's what makes me boring and serious to most people :/

So just try changing your mindset, and instead of thinking "I hate her. Shes sooo boring" think "OMG shes my bestest friend :biggrin:

I know it sounds lame, but trust me, it'll help you cope with it, but it wont necessarily solve your problem.
And I wouldn't particularly advice you to just ditch her and go talk to other people, but that really is the only way out of it.

Just out of curiosity, why did you become friends with her in the first place when you dont like????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending