The Student Room Group

Why do non RG's have such high grade requirements?

Surrey - AAA?

Brighton - BBB?
edit- should have said this earlier BBB is not high Lol but, Brighton is a seaside so BBB for a seaside, confused..

These are ridiculously high, big picture imo.

Not that I am even considering these universities - was shocked when I was told about it though.

Discuss.

Edit- Applying for Econ with Maths.

Not on about medicine etc.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Damien_Dalgaard
Surrey - AAA?

Brighton - BBB?

Discuss.

Because they can. If they can put them that high and fill the available spaces, they will.
(edited 9 years ago)
Why wouldn't they have high entry requirements? Contrary to popular belief on TSR, non-RG unis are still great unis.
Is BBB high?
Popularity of the course.
Surrey is on the rise quite rapidly. Brighton - well really BBB isn't high at all. If you struggle to get BBB why bother going to uni tbh.
Original post by Juan Mata
Because they can. If they can put them that high and fill the available spaces, they will.

Top student go to better uni's, bad students won't get the grades.

Original post by yabbayabba
Is BBB high?

For brighton? I thought that it was only a seaside thats it srs.

Original post by blackened_sky
Why wouldn't they have high entry requirements? Contrary to popular belief on TSR, non-RG unis are still great unis.

no, no they're not.
Original post by + polarity -
Popularity of the course.

Wow, must be people really underachieving
Original post by infairverona
Surrey is on the rise quite rapidly. Brighton - well really BBB isn't high at all. If you struggle to get BBB why bother going to uni tbh.

See above for that uni I would say it is. But yeah I totally agree.

no, no they're not.

And why aren't they? Are they not "prestigious" enough for you, Lord Farquaad?

See above for that uni I would say it is. But yeah I totally agree.

Not really, the lower down unis should still have reasonable requirements otherwise everyone with an A level can go to uni. I don't really think anyone with BBC or lower should be going to uni tbh, but that's just my personal opinion. So for me BBB at Brighton is about right, letting people in with lower is just stupid
Original post by infairverona

Essentially what you're saying is that those who score below that grade don't deserve going uni? How rude
Sorry to burst your bubble but a university can be really good and not be an RG and BBB really isn't that high
Surrey - AAA?

Brighton - BBB?

Not that I am even considering these universities - was shocked when I was told about it though.

Discuss.

Have you even looked at courses universities have different requirements for each course it doesn't matter whether it is RG or not
Durham and other big unis used to be or still are outside RG. RG is a research lobby.

Highe rgrade reqs are actually an advert for prospective students. Most unis will take on people with much lower grades. It makes sense; I look at entry grades first an foremost when looking at a uni.
damn i go non-rg.. likely to fail life?
its good that you mentioned that this is apart from medicine ... :devil3:
Original post by Anonynous
damn i go non-rg.. likely to fail life?

The obsession with RGs is real on TSR
Being a pretentious tit online to strangers is a colossal waste of time too tbh
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by blackened_sky
Being a pretentious tit online to strangers is a colossal waste of time too tbh

Pretentious means that I am not as good as I think or actually am which is false since my grades reflect on it. So wrong adjective.

Yes it is, going to study now.

Also I thought we were friends, stranger danger and all that..
Good grades don't stop you from being pretentious :rolleyes:

no, no they're not.

Your ignorance astounds me

Quick Reply