The Student Room Group

Are you getting enough?

I'm just curious on whether people are comfortable with their sex drive in relation to their partner. Do your drives match or are they completely off sync?

I'm 18 and I think we have completely different drives. I'm lucky if i get it once every 1 and a half weeks and that's pushing it.

So what about you guys/girls?
Reply 1
Mismatched sex drive tends to be a feature of long standing relationships and I think is a bit of a tricky problem. How long have you been together?

To answer your question every 1.5 weeks for me is a long time. I tend tend to do a little bit better than this on average on top of a busy lifestyle and a bit of mismatch. But it is still a lot more frequent than for periods when I was single, I like to remind myself.
Ive been with my partner nearly three years. We are pretty mismatched. He would have it every day, twice a day I think. Im happy with twice a week, if that.

I blame it on my job. I work long hpurs on my feet all day, and Im so exhausted and stressed out I just dont have much of a sex drive at all. When im away from work for more than a few days I do get more desire.

Its probably what we fight about most.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Zarek
Mismatched sex drive tends to be a feature of long standing relationships and I think is a bit of a tricky problem. How long have you been together?

To answer your question every 1.5 weeks for me is a long time. I tend tend to do a little bit better than this on average on top of a busy lifestyle and a bit of mismatch. But it is still a lot more frequent than for periods when I was single, I like to remind myself.

A year and a few months. Yeah its a shame because everything else is fine but mismatched sex drives are really a trouble causer!

Lucky you!
Reply 4
Original post by fredscarecrow
Ive been with my partner nearly three years. We are pretty mismatched. He would have it every day, twice a day I think. Im happy with twice a week, if that.

I blame it on my job. I work long hpurs on my feet all day, and Im so exhausted and stressed out I just dont have much of a sex drive at all. When im away from work for more than a few days I do get more desire.

Its probably what we fight about most.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is pretty much the situation in our house. We don't often fight and I try to be mature but it does cause tension.

I remember a female friend saying, the last thing you want after a hard day at work is something poking at you. Seemed a little bizarre comment to me - I find poking quite work stress relieving - but it did help me understand a different perspective :colondollar:
Reply 5
Original post by Toadie
A year and a few months. Yeah its a shame because everything else is fine but mismatched sex drives are really a trouble causer!

Lucky you!

I think it is around this time mismatch rears its head. I don't think there is a perfect solution - sex desire is like hunger, if you don't feel it at the time you don't feel it - but just trying to talk and find compromise rather than have simmering tension. Not quite lucky me, I would be up for it every day, maybe twice:biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
It must be my damn bad luck that all 3 of the women I been in relationships with had much higher drives than me. I'm quite happy with it being twice per week as each time really feel drained of energy and prefer utilizing the time elsewhere.

Ex-wife : She wanted it to happen 3-5 times per week for as long as she was the one in control of the whole thing. The thing that absolutely got her off was knowing it was happening when I didn't really want to do it and it was particularly her joy when she could corner me into doing it when I actually needed work to be done. Thankfully with her she was always the one on top as that's how she liked it so it wasn't so draining and LOL usually I just let her do whatever she wanted to do so it could be done and over with.

Ex-gf : She wanted it 5-7 times per week, she had it in her that she liked sex to last 2-3 hours (inclusive of foreplay and post-sex routine) Finally she had enough of needing to pester and it was among the reasons we decided to part ways.

GF : One of the most common reasons she goes into a cold war is due to being told no to sex or more specifically to the type of sex she wants. She wants it everyday and sometimes more than once per day. Extremely infuriating as she doesn't like being told no to sex or even for it to be delayed. If she happens to have just returned from something that made her all sweaty and dirty but wanted sex she would go onto the bed and insist it happens, it drives me up the wall when she dirties the clean sheets, best part to it is she doesn't think it is a big deal.

Quick Reply

Latest