The Student Room Group

Do you ever "play games" in your relationship?

I mean, if I was totally myself in my relationship I think I would be really clingy etc. and seen as "easy", but I try really hard to pull myself back and maintain distance. Sometimes I act busy when I'm not, wait a while to respond to texts etc. Occasionally I act distant for no real reason, like I'll just give quite blunt replies to texts for a while. Sometimes when I don't see my boyfriend for a long time, I really struggle and miss him so much but I act totally cool and don't let on that I am dying to see him. Of course I still let him know that I love him and miss him sometimes, but I try really hard to make it seem like he is not all I think about. People say it's not good to play games but my boyfriend and I have been together for a year and I think doing this stuff actually helps sometimes. Does anyone else do anything similar?
Yep don't worry it's normal.
yes
please for the love of god dont be clingy.
i resented my ex because she was so clingy. in the end i dumped her like a dog and i still feel kind of bad for it since im not an *******. i hate clingy women.

oh well on to the next one
Reply 3
It's hard to maintain the right balance. Cause in my head I feel like I'm overly attached because I miss him and think about him too much, but he doesn't know this and then I end up coming across as too distant sometimes. For instance, recently we didn't see each other for nearly a week and I really missed him. When I saw him I told him I'd not seen him for ages and I really missed him and he was like what, it's only been a few days! Afterwards I felt like I acted too clingy, and now I've not seen him for nearly two weeks and I've been playing the games like taking ages to reply etc. and not contacting him much to act like I'm not missing him... I think that I think too much about things :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending