The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Biology, females are attracted to those which can protect them. Survival of the fittest

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by RhymeAsylumForever
Biology, females are attracted to those which can protect them. Survival of the fittest

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, but "academic" guys can protect a woman with their brains/smarts too, just in a different way.

Homo sapiens' defining thing is our intelligence. Who is more likely to survive, an intelligent 5"5 skinny "nerd" or a dumb as rocks 6"0 muscular "jock"?
Reply 3
Why can't you be a muscular 6 foot nerd?

Oh wait... you can...
Reply 4
Original post by Omega3!
Why can't you be a muscular 6 foot nerd?

Oh wait... you can...

You can, but it's less common. Guys into bodybuilding tend not to be into things like cosplay or studying, and vice versa.
My boyfriend is a geek and he is very attractive :redface:
According to Hollywood, glasses make you a hideously ugly freak but the second you take them off everyone will realise you were a supermodel all along.
Reply 7
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
My boyfriend is a geek and he is very attractive :redface:

He sounds nice :smile: but most women don't like geeky guys, unless they have other qualities (e.g. model like faces which I lack :s-smilie:)
Reply 8
Original post by TroyAndAbed
According to Hollywood, glasses make you a hideously ugly freak but the second you take them off everyone will realise you were a supermodel all along.

I don't have a supermodel
Athletic guys to me are considered to be unattractive.
I lovd geeky guys!
Original post by Anonymous
Why are the physically athletic/"jock"/in shape people usually considered attractive instead?

It's completely discriminatory :frown: Many nerd guys are very nice

Exactly. Being very nice [in the sense it's usually applied to nerds] is a characteristic which women like in a friend, not a sexual partner.
He sounds nice :smile: but most women don't like geeky guys, unless they have other qualities (e.g. model like faces which I lack :s-smilie:)

How the **** does he sound nice?
Original post by inachigeek21
Athletic guys to me are considered to be unattractive.
I lovd geeky guys!

Thank you :smile:

even if they are overweight?
Original post by IanDangerously
Exactly. Being very nice [in the sense it's usually applied to nerds] is a characteristic which women like in a friend, not a sexual partner.

Juan Mata
How the **** does he sound nice?

I am not nice. I am smart, intellectual, sharp, anti-feminist, and a bit of an academic "bad boy" if you will.

But I am still single. Why?
Yeah, but "academic" guys can protect a woman with their brains/smarts too, just in a different way.

Homo sapiens' defining thing is our intelligence. Who is more likely to survive, an intelligent 5"5 skinny "nerd" or a dumb as rocks 6"0 muscular "jock"?

In our state of nature, ie what we're evolved to find attractive? The jock.

Also, a lot of "geeky" things aren't really linked to intelligence, like cosplay or computer games. Nerds, who are more into science and maths and stuff, tend to get the girlies once they get good jobs and that.

Rather than be defined by a stereotype, you should to keep a balance. A lot of geeks are irritating because they won't talk about anything but their geeky interest. Like I had a friend who got into that Magic card game, I didn't judge, but he wouldn't shut up about it, trying to get me to play, I wasn't interested. I love football, but if someone doesn't like it, I accept that. I have a pretty obsessive nature so can become properly geeky about things, like Game of Thrones, but if you let it take over, girls aren't generally going to be interested, they tend to have a less obsessive nature.

I am not nice. I am smart, intellectual, sharp, anti-feminist, and a bit of an academic "bad boy" if you will.

Main possible reasons-

- Boring
- Unfunny
- Lacks confidence (ie doesn't approach/flirt with women)
- Up himself/insecure
- Describes self as "a bit of an academic bad boy".
(edited 9 years ago)

A) You're ugly
B) You're not confident
C) You don't talk to girls enough
D) You're not funny

Some combination of those. They can all be fixed to varying degrees.

What the hell is an academic bad boy?! :redface:
Thank you :smile:

even if they are overweight?

If they're incredibly overweight, then no.
But I don't mind overweight geeky guys, they're human & deserve the attention from the females than those jock guys. FFS.
So what if you're single?
You'll find that one girl, that desired geeky girl!
Why are you asking on TSR though?
Original post by IanDangerously
What the hell is an academic bad boy?! :redface:

One that just writes the answer when the question says "show your working".
Original post by Mankytoes
In our state of nature, ie what we're evolved to find attractive? The jock.

Also, a lot of "geeky" things aren't really linked to intelligence, like cosplay or computer games. Nerds, who are more into science and maths and stuff, tend to get the girlies once they get good jobs and that.

Rather than be defined by a stereotype, you should to keep a balance. A lot of geeks are irritating because they won't talk about anything but their geeky interest. Like I had a friend who got into that Magic card game, I didn't judge, but he wouldn't shut up about it, trying to get me to play, I wasn't interested. I love football, but if someone doesn't like it, I accept that. I have a pretty obsessive nature so can become properly geeky about things, like Game of Thrones, but if you let it take over, girls aren't generally going to be interested, they tend to have a less obsessive nature.

Have we really "evolved" to find that attractive, though, or is that just pseudoscience?

I'm not letting myself be defined by a stereotype, this is just how I feel generally.

Main possible reasons-

- Boring
- Unfunny
- Lacks confidence (ie doesn't approach/flirt with women)
- Up himself/insecure
- Describes self as "a bit of an academic bad boy".

But those could just as well apply to a "jock" :redface:

Latest

Trending

Trending