The Student Room Group

The D modules

Misleading title :tongue:
But i see that many students dont do too well in Decision modules, why is this?
What do i have to get right? Which parts of D1 and D2 should i spend more time on?

Thanks!
I think it's just because they're the most different modules from the maths people are typically used to before entering the A Level course.
Reply 2
Original post by cambo211
I think it's just because they're the most different modules from the maths people are typically used to before entering the A Level course.

Did you do the D modules?
Original post by Zenarthra
Did you do the D modules?

I did both D1 and D2, although that was about 6 years ago now.
Misleading title :tongue:
But i see that many students dont do too well in Decision modules, why is this?
What do i have to get right? Which parts of D1 and D2 should i spend more time on?

Thanks!

You need a stroppy teacher who will insist that you apply algorithms properly and moan at you until you do. Then you will do well in Decision modules.
Reply 5
Original post by tiny hobbit
You need a stroppy teacher who will insist that you apply algorithms properly and moan at you until you do. Then you will do well in Decision modules.

Apply algorithms properly?
What is meant by that?
Could you give an example of applying an algorithm incorrectly countered by applying algorithm correctly please?

Thanks!
Apply algorithms properly?
What is meant by that?
Could you give an example of applying an algorithm incorrectly countered by applying algorithm correctly please?

Thanks!

In both modules the books and the mark schemes show exact layouts and many people simply do not write down all that is required

Not really , no. A case in point is Dijkstra's algorithm, where students often deal with the vertices in the wrong order and so either miss out some of the working values or get them in the wrong order. They will often get the final answer correct then don't understand why they got very few marks,
Reply 8
Original post by TenOfThem
In both modules the books and the mark schemes show exact layouts and many people simply do not write down all that is required

Original post by tiny hobbit
Not really , no. A case in point is Dijkstra's algorithm, where students often deal with the vertices in the wrong order and so either miss out some of the working values or get them in the wrong order. They will often get the final answer correct then don't understand why they got very few marks,

THank you i will that in mind.

Quick Reply

Latest