The Student Room Group

In relationships do partners feel pressured in their appearance?

I was just wondering if both men and women feel pressured in relationship to look a particular way by their partners.
(edited 9 years ago)
I did and it was one of the reasons why I broke up with him :smile:
He wanted me to have certain qualities that weren't possible for me so I gave him the boot along with other things.
Reply 2
if you're feeling pressured to look a certain way, then it's not a relationship
Reply 3
Original post by Strawberry68
I did and it was one of the reasons why I broke up with him :smile:
He wanted me to have certain qualities that weren't possible for me so I gave him the boot along with other things.

Really, I was just carrying out a bit of research for a project about social pressure and wanted see if applied to relationships, thank you for your reply :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Leah910
if you're feeling pressured to look a certain way, then it's not a relationship

I agree, thank you for sharing your comment :smile:
Reply 5
I'm not pressured to look a certain way in my relationship and my partner certainly isn't. He's gained weight, grew a beard and looks miles different from how he looked when we first started dating and as long as he is happy with how he looks, then I'm happy :smile: looks mean nothing in my relationship. We love each other for a lot more than just our physical appearances.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I'd say I felt more pressured in my appearance when I was single. Apart from being moaned at if I don't shave often enough and wear clothes with holes in, I don't feel any real pressure, so pretty reasonable. She says she has to have her hair long and down for me, but I've only stated that as a preference.
Definitely not! Me and my girlfriend have got past that point and we have only been together for 3 months. I'm happy if she has no makeup, and she doesn't care if i look like ****!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending